Monday, February 4, 2013

No Meat for You!


Well, what a day!  I was kind of proud of myself for thinking ahead and planning what I was going to make for dinner.  I defrosted a pound of ground sirloin before the kids were out of school and planned on making meat pies and yellow rice!  Bonnie and Maggie asked if they could fry the meat, which they love to do.  I ran upstairs to do a quick chore and they called up and said the meat was done and I told them to make sure to turn off the burner, which they did.  I came down a few minutes later ready to whip out some meat pies and the frying pan was empty on the stove.  I thought to myself that they must have moved it into a bowl somewhere.  After looking around and seeing as how there was no residue in the frying pan whatsoever, I figured out that our dog, KC must have helped herself to a pound of meat.  My only hope is that she burned herself eating the hot meat.  I was so mad at her.  
I had to leave to take Annie to swimming and when I got back my girls had improvised and had a nice dinner spread out on the counter of fruit salad they cut up, leftover KFC, carrots and ranch and spaghetti O’s!  I was really touched that they were trying to make a bad situation better for me.  This was a day that I had dinner food for one more night until grocery day tomorrow so I was really impressed at what they scrounged up!  I was very proud of them and blessed!  Later after we got Eddie to bed, I was printing pictures for Maggie’s report and Maggie gave me a wild makeover!  All and all, KC did save me some work making dinner so I guess I can’t be too mad at her!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment