Friday, January 17, 2014

Worry About Today


People ask me all the time, how I manage all that I have gotten myself into with 5 kids, their activites, housework, dog and having a job too.  In a conversation with my mom today, I told her that I have really come to realize the power and truth of Matthew 6:34, “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” I break out in sweat and have chest pains if I focus too much on what’s ahead….college, weddings, Olympics… :)  It steals my joy and robs me of my peace.  I think I actually quoted my version of the verse to my mom that went something like this, “Worry about today, tomorrow will have enough crap to deal with!” LOL  

I said in my last blog that Matthew 6:34, is the verse that I will try to focus on this year and I am really trying to live this way. Yes, I truly believe in planning and being productive but focusing on my schedule for just one day is truly the secret to how I haven’t run away from home!  Well, also Google calendar is a big part of it too.  I learned how to set reminders in the calendar to text me and email me all through-out the day.  I also set reminders on my phone for projects for the kids, things to get at the store, when to pick up who & where.   I do have 81 reminders but I won’t focus on that :/ If it doesn’t make it into my calendar or reminders, I am in trouble. But even when that happens, so many times, the Holy Spirit gently reminds me!  Also, I am blessed with friends and family who always are willing to help me get a Wog somewhere they need to be.  


I studied this scripture today, Philipians 4:6-7, “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

I believe that we must choose peace.  At my house, it’s not an easy task.  It’s chaos central but the peace I am talking about isn’t found in a worldy way but in a supernatural way.  Peace for me comes through focusing on God and how powerful and mighty He is.  Peace comes through trusting him that he has everything in our life under control. My schedule & to do list is nothing God can't handle!  Peace comes for me through prayer!  I pray all throughout the day, by myself, with my prayer partner, and with our intercessory group at church.  My nephew comes to our prayer group. Last Wednesday, he thanked everyone and said how much the group has meant to him over the last few years.  I couldn’t agree more!  I know these people cry out to God for our requests. We have a Facebook message thread and usually communicate everyday a personal need or a need of someone that we know that is facing a challenge in their life.  My requests are usually something like, my kids are sick, my dog ran away or I have a big event that will be a disaster if God doesn’t pull it together!



So my goal is to focus on what I have to accomplish today and believing that God will strengthen me, equip me & remind me of what the heck I am suppose to be doing!  My life is a living example of HUGE dependence on a God who cares about me and who helps me live today with peace and joy! Why people try to do life without God in the mix is beyond my understanding!  I need all the help I can get raising 5 Wogs and a Dog!  JESSUUUUUSSS!

No comments:

Post a Comment