Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Edwardo's 6th Birthday

Eddie celebrated his 6 birthday last Friday.  He is such an interesting kid.  I have all types and sizes for sure but he constantly shocks and amazes me with how unique he really is.  We started talking about his birthday immediately after Christmas. The rule in our house is we are not allowed to talk about a person’s birthday until after Christmas! That is when our birthday season starts.  We have a kid’s birthday every month until July (except May because I wanted us to focus on Mother’s Day that month!)  After the previous kid’s birthday is over, we can begin talking about the next kid’s birthday.  They think it’s so we all focus on the person’s birthday and that they are the star but the real reason is so that mom doesn’t get pushed over the edge and have a #gingersnap!   My brain can only process so much information believe it or not.  Yes I am a master multi-tasker by necessity but even I have limits, people!

My kids loves commercials. They are a marketer's dream.  They sing the jingles and fully believes everything they hear!!  We have ice makers, slushi makers, the go-go pillow, hot hues and more!   Eddie made it very clear that he wanted the Flipeez, a blue hat that has ears that flip when you press a button.  He also wanted “Party in the Tub”  It’s a contraption you put in your bath water that makes it look like a disco-tech with colorful strobe lights blinking!  I easily found the Flipeez much to my surprise at the “As Seen on TV” section in Walgreens.  The Party in the Tub was not as easy so I quickly bought that online and you won’t believe it, I got 2 for the price of one!! ;)

Just so Dan and Bubba didn’t have a total breakdown, I bought some baseball paraphenial on clearance!  Bubba never asked for anything except footballs and jerseys.  He went through a brief Star Wars obsession but has fixated on sports for most of his life.  Eddie cracks me up with his requests.  He wanted to ride Go-Karts at Adventure Landing.  He mentioned the chocolate fountain at Golden Corral but I pretended not to hear it.  Last year we went there for his birthday and that was enough to last for years to come!

We loaded the Wog bus up and headed out to the Go Carts. Of course it’s a northeaster kind of night.  I still have the image of Dan in my head of him holding up his hands shaking them because he thought they were getting frostbite as he was driving at breakneck speed.  All and all, it was a short, expensive successful hour at Adventure Landing! All his siblings pitched in their game tickets and got him a set of planes that he loved!  

And YES, he loved his Flipeez hat and wore for 4 days straight.  The recent 82 degree weather has really been jamming him though.  He has been partying in the tub for days and also using his colorful painting to make our tub look like a rainbow or Graffiti in the Tub!  I just really can’t believe my baby is already 6!  What a wild six years it has been!  I am grateful to God for giving us the bonus boy!  I can’t wait to see what is in store for him! I know for sure it won't be boring!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment