Friday, July 13, 2012

Beach Fun July 2012



As if I didn’t have enough of the beach on the 4th of the July, I actually suggested we ride the bike as a fam to the beach. Last night we ate at the Pier restaurant and were amazed at the people on the beach at 8 PM at night, I think it was the awesome power nap I took that made me energetic or something.  We had an early morning and a VERY hot swim meet at UNF so the nap was needed!  I asked Dan if we could take KC since she hasn’t been walked much because of the heat.  We have only taken her a couple times to the beach and she was not a fan.  She hates water and didn’t really like the whole experience.  I thought it was time to give her another try!  We ate dinner and then jumped on our bikes.  It was beautiful at the beach and the perfect time of the day for my ginger self. 
 
Ed went running into the water and way out in the ocean with waves crashing over him, I was freaking out.  I yelled at Bonnie and Bubba to hurry and get him as I started rushing through the waves.  What was he thinking??  I must teach him some healthy fear!  All the kids and I were out in the ocean jumping the small waves and having fun.  Poor Dan was stuck on the shore with KC howling like crazy for the kids.  He waved us back in and we were shocked that KC had waded out in the water up to her neck. The kids were thrilled and stayed in to play with her!  We walked her down the beach and picked up some shells! Annie wanted to climb in the lifeguard chair and I think she may be a lifeguard when she gets older because she looked like such a natural!  All the kids climbed up and I snapped some pictures of my cuties!

Times like these, remind me how truly blessed we are to live by a beautiful beach.  I am so thankful that God gave me 5 healthy, fun kids and I enjoyed them very much today!  The times when I have them all together are fleeting and I know it.  I have watched my sisters and brother release their children into adulthood and it’s painful to watch.  All parents desire their kids to grow up to be thriving adults but right now I relish the times when I have all five of my babies together.  That’s why I bug them so by taking so many pictures!  When they all fly the coop, I will be so grateful I captured so many precious memories!  For now, I just ignore all their complaining and keep snapping away!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment