Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day 2012

I LOVE the 4th of July Holiday!  I look forward to this patriotic holiday every year!  It’s a time when everyone comes together and celebrates our great country.  We truly are the best country in the world and all you have to do is travel some to figure that out!  It is pretty stressful resisting all the awesome red, white and blue things in the stores and I can’t say I didn’t over indulge some!  I love it that my kids will dress patriotic for me the Sunday near the 4th.  They did not complain at all and that’s impressive having 5 kids.  


After church was over, Pastor Dave said that he was sitting behind Bonnie and couldn’t believe she didn’t have any patriotic clothing on.  He said he was going to scold me about it when she turned around and he saw that indeed she did have a flag shirt under her jacket!  LOL!!  I almost screamed when I saw a Team USA shirt at Walmart for the Olympics!  I splurged and got myself one and it’s now my favorite T-shirt!  

We started the day with Annie swimming at 8 AM.  Her swim team was having a swimming party!  Dan came home and guilted me into going to the beach saying it’s an annual tradition since I went last year.  For years I have “sacrificed” and stayed home from the beach fun with sleeping babies!  I can’t  anymore in good conscience send Dan to the beach with 5 kids.  I agreed and started the long process of preparation.  I thought I was being really smart and didn’t pack any lunches so we would be forced to come home when the kids got hungry.  We loaded our water, towels and chairs on our backs and headed out on our bikes.  What a crazy entourage we must have looked like.  We ran into Clay Sones who was very proudly decked out in his American best!  It made my day!  The level of Patriot clothing on the way to the beach was mind-boggling.  I loved all the USA support! 

When we got to the beach my nephew Britt Sanders had put a tent up, thank the Lord that I quickly but my chair under. I had sunscreen on, a hat, a long sleeve swim shirt, a chair with a lid under a tent!  I don't think this ginger had a chance of getting sunburned!  Britt even had patriotic decorations, as did others on the beach!  It was so inspiring.  Unfortunate for my sisters, I had a long sleeved swim shirt on that I am pretty sure was wool and doesn’t breath at all. We had a west wind that was blowing hot hair on my back and I thought I might pass out from the heat.  I verbally kept reminding everyone of my misery.  


Finally the wind shifted and I thought I might survive. Of course all 5 Wog kids stayed in the water for hours. They got on their cousin’s Sup boards and saw dolphins and stingrays up close.  Ed had his cousin Isaac paddling him around like he was King Edward!  The whole shafting them with no lunch was an epic fail thanks to my sisters.  They kept slipping the hungry little Wogs food and prolonged my torture at the beach.  We finally left for home and I got to enjoy the mass patriotic chaos on 1st Street!  I happily greeted people and commented on their attire! It was awesome! 

Dan cooked an awesome dinner of pork and ribs and put on quite an impressive display of fireworks!  Ed was so enthusiastic and I realized it’s probably the first time he has ever seen fireworks! I hope Jax Beach reinstates the beach fireworks next year for my kids. We ended the night watching some fireworks on TV in the AC, which was pretty nice!  Tomorrow I am going to hit up the clearance patriotic sales and I can hardly wait! God Bless America!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment