Sunday, June 24, 2012

UCA Cheerleading Camp 2012


 Bonnie attended UCA Cheer Camp at JU this past week.  She loved it and had a total blast!  It was a little brutal having to get her up and ready and to the bus by 7 AM everyday but totally worth my extreme exhaustion!  She casually told me that her coach recommended her to try-out for the All-American Cheerleading Team.  She said she was so honored but didn’t think she would make it because there were so many awesome cheerleaders.  I prayed for her and told her to just have fun and not to worry!  I was at a concert that night and got a call from Bonnie saying she made it!  Then she texted me a picture of her medal!  I was beyond proud!  To me, I think she looks about as All-American as you can get!!!  I was so excited for her accomplishment! She has grown as a cheerleader so much over the past couple years!! She has been blessed with awesome coaches!  First was her Upward Coach, Amy Reese. She started cheering when she was 6 years old and cheered for Upward for 4 years.  Then she moved into STARS and was coached by Carrie Wyatt. Last year she had Coach Janie!  Each Coach loves the Lord and are such good role models for Bonnie!  I am so grateful for the people that God sovereignly brings into my children’s lives to lead them and help them grow in their talents! 

Friday, they were performing and I headed out to JU.  I was surprised by my reaction when I watched their first cheer.  I started crying!  I had a trifecta of emotions that I wasn’t expecting.  I was reminiscent of my cheer camp at JU when I also cheered for BCS.  I was also reflecting on my 4 years attending JU and being at the beautiful campus everyday.  It still shocks me that Bonnie has grown up so quickly and is rapidly growing into adulthood sooner than I wish.  She did such a great job and is turning into a great role model for the younger girls on the team. She is Co-Captain and takes it very serious!  I was really stunned at how awesome our squad was.  The difference that I saw was mind-blowing!  I am very thankful for Coach Janie and her spirit of excellence!  She not only technically trains them well, but she also insist on modesty and positive, Christian attitudes as well!  As I watched some of the other public school teams bootie shaking around, I was again so thankful for BCS!!!  I look forward to seeing what God has in store for my All-American Cheerleader!  I sure hope it includes some serious patriotic wear!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Congratulations to Bonnie! With her hard work and passion for cheerleading, it's not surprising that she made it to the All-American Cheerleading Team. She's even co-captain! How cool is that? You must be so ecstatic and proud. I'm so happy for you guys! :)

    Jennine Stalder @ UE Sports

    ReplyDelete