Monday, August 20, 2012

School's In 2012


People ask me constantly what I am going to do with myself now that all five kids are in school.  My first thought is to recover.  I think I had a mini-break down last night.  “Mini” because I was too tired to have a real one.  I didn’t have the energy to cry.  I just layed down and put a pillow on my head and faked sleep so my kids wouldn’t talk to me.  I am not one of those moms who is thrilled when the kids go back to school.  Yes, I will appreciate the break and will enjoy the quiet time but my Fall schedule is such that I kind of want to run away.  I physically don’t know how I am going to manage it.  I am very grateful for grandparents close by but I still have to be the one to keep the kid’s schedule in order.  We will have YouthQuake Live, dance, cheerleading, gymnastics, soccer, swimming and football as their extra-curriculars.  Then you throw in tedious, detailed homework and projects, plus Ed’s therapy appointments for his toe-walking. People frivolously tell me to cut things out that the kids are involved with.  I think to myself is it really fair to cut their activities that they love because I had a large family?  My guilt will not allow me to punish my kids for my choice to have five kids.
 
My first order of business is to find my own daily routine. I have always faithfully maintained a quiet time and it has become my secret for survival.  Almost a year ago, I began listening to God and typing out what I feel like he is saying to me.  I am pretty ticked that I waitied until I was in my 40’s to start doing this.  I always feel like I have to be productive and read the Bible and do Bible studies, which I still do, but to sit quietly and listen is almost painful for my wound up self.  God soverignly tells me what to expect, what’s coming and how to respond in the right way.  He encourages me, lifts me up and gives me hope.  I have been through some rough, sad things the past few months and had God not prepared me and told me they were coming, I know I wouldn’t have had the faith to press on.  I am so grateful and addicted to this communication and wish everyone that is a Christian would start this habit, preferable the day you get saved.  It has been life changing.  My other top priority is weekly prayer.  I have been going for 4 years to a prayer group on Wednesday nights.  I barely roll in every week, typically completely hurried and stressed. When I sit and pray for an hour for other people, it calms my spirit down and allows me to regain some peace.  I am forever grateful for prayer warriors who pave the way for God to move and to do miracles!

I am now in charge of walking the dog and I have to say, she actually saw a squirrel today and didn’t even chase it.  I called Dan and told him and we lamented like psychos that we seem to be domesticating her.  Dan said all we need to do is to take her to the River and let her hunt for a weekend to remind her of her purpose.  Yeah, we are weirdo’s I know!  I am also dedicated to doing daily Yoga not because I am one of those creepy flexible types, but because I believe it saved me.  I had a freakish illness a couple years ago that never got diagnosed where I lost feeling in legs and arms, had trouble breathing and had vertigo type feelings.   I started doing Yoga and I slowly got back to normal and felt better mentally about myself too!  I don’t like clutter but every drawer and closet is overflowing and I intend on changing that.  I clean out constantly but with 5 kids in 2 bedrooms it’s almost impossible.  Every kid needs some stuff but multiplied by 5 and it looks exorbitant.  I pray that God helps me in this area! 

I have come to the conclusion that if God doesn’t multiple my time, bring things to my remembrance and give me supernatural wisdom on how to organize my life, I am sunk.  God has faithfully been there for me.  I have lived a life, always in over my head.  If God doesn’t show up and do miracle, I would have crashed and burned so many times!!  I am choosing this day, to get in faith, to seek God first everyday, to exercise and to believe that with God all things are possible.  He didn’t give me these 5 kids to abandon me.  He promises to never leave or forsake us and I am dependent on God’s help to guide and raise these children to be all that God has called them to be!! Can I get an Amen?? :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment