Saturday, September 1, 2012

Pregos


I am a very sentimental person and I usually have to fight from being so melancholy about my kids growing up and time moving so swiftly.  Staying grateful and trying to enjoy every stage is what I try and focus on.  Today, I was thinking about four girls who I love very much, who I have known since they were young, that are now pregnant.  It was such a relief that I have NO melancholy feelings about pregnancy when I see them.  I put my time in having five kids and I almost shutter at the thought of every having to be pregnant again.  Luckily for me, that is physically impossible, Praise Jesus!!

I never lost the wonder and miracle of pregnancy.  You would think five times later it would be no big deal but it blew my mind every time how truly crazy it is that we can function and still grow a human being at the same time.  I actually looked great pregnant!  My face was nice and full with no wrinkles, and my hair and nails were amazing….I miss that and secretly still use photos of myself pregnant but cut my bottom half off!

The fact that we continue to feed them from ourselves (for a total of over FIVE years for me)…..it’s just mind blowing!  I did not enjoy nursing.  I am so high-strung, it was pretty torturous for me but I knew it was the most convenient, economical and healthy thing for everyone.  I was committed to it and I successfully nursed them all until they went to regular milk. None of them ever had formula.  I can’t believe I accomplished that because it was stressful being the sole source of food.  I felt claustrophobic and trapped so many times.  I know it was only through God’s power that I made it.  I never stopped all the things I was involved with I just nursed on the fly and kept moving.  I have a very hard time when people give me a bunch of excuses that they are too busy with their kids to serve or help….I fight LOLing in a serious way!  It’s kind of hard for me to have sympathy.

I am very excited for Laura, Jesse, Val and Kathleen to have their babies and grow their families.  I think each one of them are incredible women and will take the challenge of juggling a family, and also fulfilling their personal callings.  It thrills me that I am watching a new generation carry on and grow more Christian leaders.  I know I struggle with balancing a family and ministry sometimes but I feel in my heart if God gives you the desire to pursue something, than He will give you the supernatural strength to do both!  I will cheer these precious girls on, encourage them and pray like crazy!!!  You can do it all girls!!!! You really can!!  xoxo

PS- Did I mention how ridiculously hilarious it will be to see James as a DAD!!  Wow!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment