Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Palm Tree Nightmare


Not sure what Bubba was thinking but he took Annie’s only football to his first youth group function ever, the Fletcher Football Tailgate Party!   He blamed his friends that were over but good grief, couldn’t he swap her football with one of his 20??  While the boys were throwing the football around in the Fletcher parking lot, Annie’s ONLY football got stuck in a palm tree.  I was so mad at Bubba and was scared to see what would happen when Annie found out

A couple weeks later, we are leaving Annie’s soccer game and Bubba asked me if he could go use Annie’s soccer ball to get out the football!  I said yes and quickly diverted Annie to the truck so she wouldn’t’ see her poor football lodged in the palm tree.  We got in the truck and she looks out the window and says, “THAT’S MY FOOTBALL!”  She starts to cry and says she is going to kick Bubba’s butt. (Yes I need to work on her inappropriate language but at the moment I agreed with her!)  The soccer ball was too soft to dislodge the football that was wedged down in between two branches.  I told Bubba I would run home and get a football and come back.  I went home and grabbed two of HIS footballs and went back.  He was just standing there and then I saw that ANNIE'S Soccer ball was now caught as well!  I parked, went over and we both started throwing football’s in the palm tree.  As if things couldn’t get worse, the two footballs got stuck too!  A maintenance man must have figured out what was going on or felt sorry for me and walked over.  He very graciously said he would go try to find some long pole to help us.  The wind started to blow hard and for a moment one football almost fell down. Not so lucky!


After about 10 minutes, I had given up on the maintenance man and was trying to figure out who is nice enough to come help me and I immediately thought of Brett, by brother in law.  I called him and of course he was poised and ready to grab a ladder and long pole to come help me.   Just in time, I saw the maintenance man coming with a long pole thing.  He quickly extricated the four balls out of the tree and I quickly released Uncle Brett from coming to the rescue.  All I really knew, is that I was not going home and telling Annie that Bubba lost her soccer ball AND her football.  I was afraid she might kick my butt too! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment