Sunday, April 15, 2012

Bike Date

Dan is so much more adventurous and fun than I am!  I wanted to go to the Book Mark to get my friend, Charles Martin’s new book, Thunder and Rain, so Dan decides it would be fun for us to ride our bikes.  I have to be honest, I was kind of nervous. We have never had a "Bike date!"  It’s so busy and crazy on 1st street! We didn’t have a lock for our bikes and I thought it was a bad idea.  Miraculously, at the end of Forest, we ran into our neighbor, Susan, who happily handed off her bike lock for us to use!  I told her she saved the day and her response was, "What's new?" LOL We went straight over to Ragtime, thinking the Book Mark was next door.  We had to stop and Google it!  Apparently, we need to get out more often because they moved next door to Sliders!  We finally found it, locked up our bikes and bought Charles’s new book Thunder and Rain!  Charles signed my book, we visited and then Dan and I walked around the crowded streets. 

It was kind of weird to be out at night without our kids.  I was overwhelmed with the masses that were out enjoying themselves.  Apparently, a lot of people do "Bike dates!"  It was a beautiful night and many people were taking advantage of it!  I saw girls riding their bikes in high heels!  :) We rode over to Walgreens to drop off our Redbox movies and went to TCBY.   I was so nervous driving down Atlantic Blvd and was pretty sure I could get hit by a car at anytime, turning into the shopping centers.  Dan kept telling me to relax.  We weren’t going to die!  TCBY was  packed and overflowing with people too!   We finally made it all the way home. Usually, after you get home from a date , you feel stuffed and tired.  I was strangely energized and felt pretty good about my healthy self! Dan was just thrilled about the whole night and told me I was a fun wife! Maybe these bike dates aren’t that bad after all!!  I didn’t even die!


No comments:

Post a Comment