Sunday, April 22, 2012

Happy Birthday Weekend to Annie

My Baby girl Annie turned 7 years old on Friday, April 20.  I have enjoyed that wild little girl so much.  She is very different and my heart just bursts with love for her!  She can be a bugger though when it came down to planning her birthday extravaganza.  The Wogs have an extraordinary ability to string out birthdays like nobodies business!  I started asking her a couple weeks ago what she wanted for a present and this was her list:  an electric guitar, drums, surfboard and a pogo stick. WOW!  She is a funny bird.  I asked what she wanted to do and she would never tell me.  FINALLY, she said she wanted to go see a movie with some girls from her soccer team.  I was like, "THANK YOU LORD!"  I talked to the parents made the plans and was happy...temporarily!  Her sleepy face came in my room on Friday, and I hugged her and wished her a Happy Birthday!  She pops out that she now wants to go to Laser Tag.....   One day, when she is a parent, she will laugh at how much she jacked my plans around!!  I texted all the parents to see if they were OK with that and they all said yes. Dan got Annie donuts for her class and I rushed in at her lunch to sing to her and give her a cupcake.  We were dedicated to helping her ingest as much sugar as possible. Dan was not onboard for Laser tag and then some of the girls said they didn't want to go, so I finally made the corporate decision to head to the movies!  

It was hilarious!  We ran right into Uncle Bill and Aunt Lee and they hugged and kissed on Annie and told her they came to wish her a Happy Birthday!!  It was classic!  All five little girls were a hoot!  The personalities were different as night and day but they all got along so sweetly!  We ate cupcakes and juice and had candy for the movie!  They were so good and I managed to answer all my emails, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!!  It was the most productive movie I have been to in a long time. LOL My mom scolded me reminding me that you weren't suppose to use your cell phone but I assured her that no one was around or cared!

We took the girls home and Annie wanted to eat at Golden Corral.  By the grace of God, I managed to get out of the dinner.  I have semi-nightmares about what kids put in that chocolate fountain and couldn't fathom wrangling my tribe to not put chicken and ribs and such under the chocolate fountain of germs!  Dan brought the birthday girl home from dinner and we sang and did presents with her!  For some reason, she didn't want any of her birthday cake and I suspected it may be due to gorging at the Corral of chocolate.  My sister and Brett totally lost their minds and stopped in for the festivities.  They have graduated to a more serene, quiet environment and the dog barking, kids crying and possible near death activities going on were a bit stressful.  We put the kids to bed and managed a great night out on the town!

The next day, Annie went to my moms house to continue the birthday celebration.  Mom got her a swimming suit and new goggles.  She wants to race this summer and mom got her fixed up!  Annie's cousin Andrew has a birthday 2 days after Annie's and it's always fun for them to have time to celebrate together with Grammy and Poppy. Thank you Lord, she finally got her Pogo stick so now she is happy and satisfied and I actually have a month off from birthday season at our house!  Next is Maggie May's in June!  I have a feeling she will know exactly what she wants to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment