Thursday, April 26, 2012

Al Golden's Football Camp 2012


Everyone who knows us, is aware that we are Miami Hurricane compulsive fans.  I like to think we inherited it from my Dad who attended THE U. Bubba got probably the best surprise of his life tonight. There are those that rag on Twitter (Dan) who say it’s just a waste of time.  I disagree.  It gives me an escape from my stress, makes me laugh and gives me some spiritual encouragement too. Well a couple days ago, I saw a post from Al Golden, the Miami Hurricanes Coach, about his summer football camp.  I clicked on the link and when I read this I almost cried with joy, “All campers will benefit from the same facilities and training as the current members of the Miami Hurricanes Football Team.”  I could hardly wait to tell Dan.  When I told my mom about it, she, “Bubba has to go!”  I was kind of expecting her to say, he’s too young or something but I think she may have signed him up if we didn’t. 

Bubba is a very hard working athlete. Since he could throw a ball, he would play in the front yard for hours, throwing the ball in the air and catching it.  I would go out and throw with him sometimes and even neighbors would come by and throw.  He practices on days he doesn’t have football practices with his team.  He lives and breathes football and other sports.  Tonight after practice, we decided to tell him the good news.  I will never forget his face.  First he grabbed his head and then jumped up and picked me up. (Yes, I had a sad moment that my boy is so big now, he can pick me up) then he bear hugged his Dad. I read some info to Bubba about the camp. The thought of playing on the campus at Miami at the same place his beloved Canes play, was almost too much.  I may have seen some tears of joy in Bubba’s eyes too!  Oh, and Dan too!  Go Canes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment