Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bonnie's YQL Application


Wow, I just had a surreal experience.  Bonnie and I just finished filling out her application for her to join the YouthQuake Live Cast next school year. Granted my internet went out twice and we had to start over.  I rebuked the devil out of my computer and Bubba asked me, "Don't you think God is trying to teach you some patience." I wasn't in the mood for a life lesson, I have to admit!  I remember thinking when I was a YQL leader, before I had any children, how I prayed that YQL would still be going strong for my future kids.  My prayers are answered and my big girl will be in the cast next year.  
Pregnant with Bonnie at a YQL
at Beaches Chapel
I remember making the very first YQL application.  I typed it and printed it out in a booklet form.  I would personally make them and process the information, typing all the student’s info into a database.  Granted we had like 30-50 kids then in the cast not 150 plus.  Randi and the YQL staff have sure progressed all of those early systems we put in place and I am so proud of them and super impressed! We just submitted her application online and I am sure that all goes right into a database so no one will ever manually have to do what would take me hours and hours to do. THANK THE LORD!

I am so very expectant about what God is going to do in my sweet Bonnie.  She has always had a heart for the Lord and has already served him well in her young life.  I know God has great plans for my girl and I am so grateful YQL will be a part of her leadership training.  The fruit in the YQL kids has astounded me over the years.  Just in my family alone, watching my nieces and nephews grow in confidence and boldness through the 5 years they all served in the YQL cast has been amazing.  The righteous conviction that gives them the strength to live a truly Christian life is what I am so looking forward to seeing come forth in my children.  I see so many Christian teens fall away from God and I think YQL helps them stay on track and on fire for God for the long haul.  Not many teens have the opportunity to monthly perform in front of thousands of their peers.  I am grateful to Sean Yost who has been faithful to the vision, volunteering his time for over 17 years, to maintain this life changing ministry!  I can’t wait to watch my Bonnie use her gifts and talents to make a difference in teenager’s lives!!  I pray God uses my kids in a great way to impact the world!
Thousands have responded to Altar Calls at YQL

No comments:

Post a Comment