Friday, June 24, 2011

A Morning with Eddie

Eddie harasses me every morning saying over and over “Can you get me dressed?”  I’m like “Dude, its not even 8 AM, where in the heck are you going?”  So finally I dress him hoping he will go occupy himself with toys or cartoons and leave me alone with my coffee cup.  Then he starts begging me, “Can I play on yours phone?”  He compulsively plays music and looks at the 800 pictures and videos on there.  Dan’s like “Why do you keep all this junk on your phone?” (Mr. “Phones Are Not For Fun”) but the kid entertains himself looking at pictures & videos of himself. #iphonegenius  He says stuff like, “I’m so cute or I'm so adorable!" Can you say, “Self-Obsessed” or what??  Ed is infatuated with JLo too!  Ed says she is "so cute" also!   He told me the other day "You got make-up on like JLo!" WOW! (By the way, I do have Christian children's music on my phone too that he ignores!)   
He also calls my Mom all the time without my knowledge and asks her "Can you pick me up in yours car and go to Kmart and buy me a car?" (Don't ask me how he finds her number.  I am pretty sure he reads at 3!) He has hundreds of matchbox cars (and yes Maw Maw has bought him most of them) and he likes to line them up (Mom taught him to do this) and hide them behind picture frames.  I think its "so cute" when I find one of his car!  His favorite is a Po-Po car!        

















He then locates a curtain rod I hid under my couch in my room.  He runs out and I hear him saying, “I gonna get you bear.”  I go in the hall because I don't want him to loose an eye with it and he is pointing it in his room.  I have no idea where his bear obsession came from (I’m sure it wasn’t the 100 times he watched Brother Bear!) but he was hunting them telling the bear to “Get OUT of my woom! (room)”  I told him I’m pretty sure I saw the bear run out!!  Then he finds his guitar, goes in his room with Annie and they play VERY out of tune guitars, VERY loud! His favorite guitar song usually is one he wrote, “I love bear, I love bear…”  The noise is worsening my coffee deprived headache so I go in to tell them to HUSH and hear Eddie singing the song Grenade  “I’d catch a grenade for ya!” while strumming his guitar!  Can we all say INAPPROPRIATE!  Geez!  I was kind of surprised he wasn’t singing Usher honestly!  #futurerockstar


No comments:

Post a Comment