Wednesday, June 29, 2011

True Coffee Dedication

I’ve blogged before about how blessed I am to have Dan who doesn’t even drink coffee, make it for me everyday but this past weekend he took it to a whole new level.

Dan took off for a “day trip” to NY!  The next morning we were headed to the River so OF COURSE, his flight got cancelled, didn’t have his charger, phone died and we were out of touch.  I had no idea when he would make it home….SOOOO, we waited (Super-fun with 5 kids and a nervous dog that didn’t want to get left behind…) 

I had to pack every thing which is scary.  Dan had shopped for the trip and I was praying I would get all that he bought for us to take.  Dan called when he was coming over the Bridge, and we all jumped in the car and took off!

Dan was unpacking the food while I was making the beds.  I heard him say, “Did you get your Starbucks coffee?” (It was on sale so Dan treated me!)  I told him that I packed some packet of coffee and he yells back, “Whole bean packet!” CRINGE.  Thankfully, we found some coffee in the pantry.  The next morning comes and my coffee is so stale :/  It was a rough way to start the day! 

Eddie found a bag of kid’s tools so for the next 2 days he wore protective eye gear (safety first!) and hammered and screw-drivered EVERYTHING!  The second morning I woke up and heard hideous hammering.  I was laying in a fog thinking to myself, if Eddie hammers again I am going to fly in there and confiscate that hammer and hide it for all eternity.  Finally, it stopped and I dozed back to sleep.  About 15 minutes later, Dan comes in and tells me to try the coffee.  I start singing the Little Mermaid theme song, “Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhhhhhh, Ahhh, Ahhh, Ahhhhhh…”  HEAVEN!  Dan hammered the whole beans and made me SUPER fresh coffee!!! Woo Hoo!!  Now that is the RIGHT way to start the day!  #takingittoawholenewlevel

No comments:

Post a Comment