Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Annie's 1st Soccer Game

Soccer has always been important at the Wog house.  When I met Dan he was on the Fletcher soccer team in high school.  He had a knee injury so he didn’t end up playing in college like he had wanted to.  He continued to play soccer up until we had Bonnie.  Soccer and Golf are Dan’s two sports that he is passionate about. 

Bubba played soccer for six years until he dedicated his energy full-time to football.  Thank God Annie has picked up the torch for Dan’s sake. Annie was so very excited about being on Pastor Dave and Coach Ben’s team.  Their daughters are in Annie’s class at school.  It’s been so fun to see Annie so pumped about something!  She gets nervous and starts hassling me to take her to practice so she won’t be late.  I had to drive around last week because we were so early. 

Both coaches were unable to be at a practice so Dan filled in.  He swung by real quick to get Annie and rushed to the field.  I asked if he was going to change out of his dress clothes but he said he didn’t have time.  My friend Maggie was so good to me and sent me some hilarious pictures of Dan frolicking with the kids in his suit pants and dress shirt!  I loved it!

Annie got her jersey and we all had an “Awwww” moment!  Bubba was also number 4 on his first team and had a purple jersey too.  Annie asked me if the whole family was coming to see her play.  I said of course!  What she meant was EVERYONE, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Grandparents!!   LOL  She asked her teacher and Coach Cara to come too!  She was so excited!

Finally the big moment was here and she was so nervous!  On the way to the game, Bubba said a great prayer in the car, asking God to protect Annie and to let her team win!  We set up our chairs and it was game time.  Coach Dave was hilarious.  He was a little freaked out about the game and uttered a quick prayer for Jesus to help him!! The kids played awesome and won the game! 


There was one boy on the team that looked so much like Bubba.   At times I watched him out of habit and had to remind myself that Annie was now playing soccer!!  LOL!  It was a great night even though that crazy field goes from burning hot to ice cold wind.  I forgot about that from when Bubba played!  It was fun seeing pretty much everyone out there!  It was like a social event for sure!  Eddie and Maggie played with friends and ran around!  I am really happy that Annie had a great first game!  I pray that she will have years of good times and wins playing soccer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment