Saturday, March 10, 2012

Burgers, Yogurt and Concert

What an event packed day!!  We bribe, I mean “reward” the kids with a night out, of their choice, if they make Straight A’s.  I honestly, with my lack of faith self, didn’t think they would take it so serious and work so hard to maintain Straight A’s. Last night, was our quarterly, celebratory night out!  They chose Smashburger and TCBY!  It was so delicious and the kids loved it!  When we went to TCBY, it was like a revolving door of fun! We walked in and saw the William's fam!  We knew the employee, then my niece Laura came in with her sister and friend, then the Bowersox fam.  The fun kept rolling! A few people we knew may have slipped in with all the mass fellowship going on!! Eddie was funny with Laura and her twin sister.  I don't know if he has ever seen identical twins before and he acted a little confused!  

Then it was time for the much anticipated, much talked about, Phil Wickham concert!  I knew his songs but nothing else about him so I didn’t really know what to expect.  I was so pleasantly surprised when the parking lot was almost full 45 minutes before the show started!  It was like love fest 2012.  I got to see so many people I love all in one place.  It’s how I imagine heaven will be, no barriers of church walls, or distance. Us believers will be reunited under the one banner of Jesus, our Lord and Savior!

Austin Adamec started off the concert and did a fab job!  He got us doing motions and really helped all of us pin point those who had rhythm and those who did not!  LOL  Phil came out and started showing off his phenomenal vocal range that blew my mind!  I was so pleased when my nephew Will Smith, slide in beside me!  When you watch a show with William, you get a music education too!  He told me he uses the same technique as the Edge and we discussed how sometimes Phil reminded us of Bono and we both closed our eyes and pretended briefly that we were listening to the Edge and Bono worshipping Jesus!  How cool would that concert be? :)

Phil was so anointed and really pushed us into full blown praise and worship.  I cried a little, rejoiced and enjoyed myself profusely!!  I got to sit with my fam and friends and loved every minute of it!  I can’t wait for the next concert and suggested we do get Bono!!

No comments:

Post a Comment