Monday, March 26, 2012

Big Boy Haircut

I remember the agony of when Dan insisted on buzzing Bubba’s hair when he was 4 years old.  I tried my best to hold onto to my baby looking boy.  Bubba was playing soccer and was hot and sweaty so Dan finally convinced me but I was so very sad to say goodbye to Bubba’s hair.  Dan has cut his hair ever since.
                                                       Today was Eddie’s big day.  I honestly only had a twinge of sadness compared to Bubba’s first buzz cut.  I have been the one trimming Eddie’s hair so far and it’s been a pain.  He is opinionated and bossy. (Yes, spare me the comments about him being just like his mother…. :)  He only tolerates me wacking on his hair in stages.  It usually takes me several days to finish a hair cut.  I don’t think Eddie ever really realized I did have a weapon of sorts in my hand (scissors) and he probably should have been more compliant!

Bubba's 1st Buzz Cut
Dan put Ed in the bathtub and started buzzing away.  Eddie thought it was kind of cool and didn’t fuss at all.  Of course, Dan went shorter than I wanted for the first time but I just reminded myself that it will grow.  I am actually relieved that I am now retired from cutting kid’s hair.  I think Eddie has a beautiful face and even though he looks so much older, he will always be my baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment