Sunday, March 25, 2012

October Baby

I don’t see many movies anymore due to my busy life but I really wanted to see October Baby.  I first heard about the movie because my new nephew, Jordan is in the Christian band the Afters and they were doing a song on the sound track.  I heard the song a few weeks ago when they were working on it frantically so it could be in the movie.  It is just such a special song and is called Life is Beautiful.  I can’t wait until it’s available on iTunes and becomes a hit!

This movie was number 6 on Friday night and was only in 400 theaters across the nation.  It’s the story of a girl who finds out when she is grown that she is adopted under tragic circumstances and falls apart.  She begins a search to put all the pieces of her life together.  It’s a story of love, sacrifice, forgiveness and restoration.  I took Bonnie and one of her friends and they really loved the movie even though it is a weeper.  My sister in law, Lee Lee went through four tissues and needed more.  I almost made it through without loosing it but ended up using my tissue too. 

The thing I love the most about this movie was the unbelievable video testimony at the end from one of the actresses in the movie.  I pray that no one leaves that movie and misses it because it is so powerful and talks about how she received life-changing forgiveness while making this movie.  The Afters song is playing at this time and I woke up with the song and movie story on my mind.  Forgiveness is so vital in our life.  Those that have a difficult time forgiving others and themselves live in such a self-made prison.  Forgiveness brings joy and freedom and I pray that this movie sets people free
 
I am so thrilled that we are having Christian themed movies that are dealing with subject matter that many people find difficult to talk about.  I pray this movie impacted Bonnie and her friend and that they never will forget the message.  I know from having five precious babies how beautiful life is.

No comments:

Post a Comment