Saturday, January 7, 2012

Football, Basketball, Bike Riding and Smores

WOW, what a packed out day!  We kicked off the day with our Football evaluation for STARS.  We had some wonderful new families and much excitement for the coming flag football season.  I don’t think anyone is more excited than Annie!  She really wants to tackle people though!



After football, I rushed home, grabbed Eddie and Bonnie and drove her to a basketball game, by JU, for her to cheer. She is a great cheerleader and makes me so proud.  Eddie was thrilled to be there and so happy that his buddy Cuyler was there to play with. I was a little appalled when Ed took off his jacket.  I had him in a long sleeve shirt in the morning and apparently he changed into a sleeveless shirt.  Oh, the joys of having 5 kids!!!  The boys were so cute and were equally excited to be with each other!! They played hide and go seek and would lay their head down on the chair to hide!  Finally Crystal gave them a big thrill and actually hid from them and they searched and searched!  Finally, she popped out and they squealed with delight!  
After the game, Dan planned ANOTHER family bike ride.  I like exercising and all but good grief.  All this exercising is exhausting.  We had our typical difficulties getting going.  Dan’s chain was off his bike and all wacked out.  KC in great anticipation howled to the point of driving me mad.  I ended up throwing her back in the house while Dan attempted to fix his chain.  We finally were off and going and I realized halfway down the street that Eddie had no helmet.  There goes “safety first!”  I told Dan I would meet him and turned around to retrieve the helmet.  We cut through the park which is a short cut to the normal place I usually meet them.  Ed and I waited and waited and I realized they weren’t coming. I kind of worried about an accident or problem but Ed was insistent to go see “Uncle” Vick!  (His name for Aunt Vick!  He’s just a little confused!)  She had the nerve, not to be home when Ed came for a visit so we turned back towards home!!  We finally ran into the rest of the family and I was hoping we could all go home but the ride was just beginning.  They all hassle me about going slow (I am the only one with a 40 pound passenger) and the dog even strains her neck backwards, as if to say, “Where the heck are you?”  

We finally made it home and I was very happy! We enjoyed some family Chili even though everyone agreed I was way too generous with the Fritos and cheese in the bottom of the bowl.  I told them to think of it as Nachos!  We ended our family togetherness with scary smores time around the fire.  


Is there anything better than giving small children sticks with marshmallows to light on fire?  We only had 4 or 5 near burn incidents. The dog made sure to get every crumb dropped and unbeknownst to Dan, stole a few graham crackers from my lap while I was juggling the supplies :/  I have to admit I was so relieved when it was over and the little kids were clean and safely tucked in their bed….sure hope it rains tomorrow and I can nap! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment