Sunday, January 29, 2012

Touchdown!!

My baby girl scored her first touchdown last Saturday.  I was talking to our guest speaker and glanced over to Bubba and Annie’s game.  I saw Annie running with all her might and I rudely started hooting and hollering like a banshee as I watched Annie make it into the end zone!  Her Daddy swept her up and spun her around and her big brother and cousin came running to congratulate her!  It was a special moment for my little athlete! 

Annie is her own person. She doesn’t care what anyone thinks and is very independent.  She has been since she was born.  She always took care of herself.  Before she could walk, she would climb up on the counter and get herself a drink out of the faucet.  She was so smart and aware so young.  I remember after I had Eddie and she was 2, she would run upstairs and get baby wipes or whatever I needed.  She was the most efficient child at fetching things!    She never talked much and I think it’s because she didn’t really need anything from us. She would cut open her snacks with scissors at a ridiculous young age. She came out very hungry and hasn’t slowed down yet.  She is a little sneaky and would steal cookies and hide them behind my china cabinet.  I would frequently find candy wrappers or chip bags in obscure places. 
 
She is nothing like her older sisters. She is not prissy or concerned about what she wears which makes her a very easy daughter!  She is obsessed with Miami just like Bubba.  At school she always picks orange and green colors for projects and even picked a football book to do a report on.  I used to worry that it’s because she shared a room with Bubba when she was born for her first 3 years.  I would hear him at night talking to her about football games and such.  I think kids come out already hardwired a certain way and we can guide them but they are, who they are, by God’s special design.  I wouldn’t change anything about my sport-loving baby girl!!  Go Annie Go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment