Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Near Death Bike Ride

I have never been so happy to be home in my life.  The night started out great!  Bon and Bubs were at their grandparent’s house so we decided to take the three little Wogs out to Pizza Hut.  The girls earned Book It coupons for a free pizza for reading a bunch of books!  We cashed in tonight and had a great time with our other “small” family!  The kids ran in and sat at a high-top table and were so excited. Eddie bragged and bragged about his excellent coloring skills and kept saying how much he loved the pizza hut!  It was really cute and so much fun! 
 
We finished early and decided to all go to run KC on the bike.  WHAT WAS I THINKING??  It was 6 PM and I never saw it get so dark so quick!  It was (in the words of Ed) spooky and scary and in my words, life threatening!  KC wants everyone in front of her and so it forces you to ride at break neck speeds.  Annie and Mags rode their little hearts out.  The worse part was on the way home when the oncoming lights were blinding me and I couldn’t see the sidewalk in front of me.  I would have been scared by myself but I felt a huge sense of responsibility with Ed basically in my lap, on the front of the bike.  Of course he is yelling at me, “Go faster, go faster!” or he would call KC and she would run faster!  I was seriously afraid and have never been so happy to safely reach my house!  Everyone thought I was over reacting but that will be my last almost dark bike ride ever :/  I might have seen James McDonald but it was too dark for me to be sure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment