Friday, January 13, 2012

W's Night Out!

In life you have people who irritate the daylights out of you and make life difficult and then you have people who bring you such easy joy and fun!  Tonight was just what I needed to be with the awesome Wyatt family.  The first time I ever met John was many years ago when YouthQuake Live and the surf ministry he was involved with all got awarded donations from this church that was closing down and donating all their resources to local Christian organizations.  It was kind of an emotional night for the poor church people and made me sad for them.  I vividly remember John and how he just emits the love of God. Sean Yost told me who he was and he made me smile and I admired his joy in the Lord!  Shortly after, I met his whole family when their beautiful REDHEADED daughter was in my son’s class at BCS.  Of course I have been concocting ever since how to marry them off since that is clearly the only way I will get a redhead in my family after 5 failed attempts! :)  It’s been such a fun relationship to watch our babies grow up together and now we hold our breath as they jump the threshold out of elementary school.  Gosh, it sure went fast, sniff, sniff.
 
Carrie has been a true friend and blessing to me for years.  I tapped her years ago to be the STARS cheerleading coach and she has wowed me ever since.  I have no clue how she gets those squealing, wild girls organized and even into somewhat scary stunts of greatness!  It blows my mind!!  She loves Jesus, works overtime on everything she does and operates in a spirit of excellence like I have never seen.  I am in a constant state of awe of her! (not to mention her rocking beanies she knits for all!)
 
We had such a treat tonight!  As you can imagine, not many people are brave enough to dine with the Wogs.  I think the Wyatt’s lucked out because we were almost like a normal family with only 3 kids with us.  One kid was at a birthday party and another at a concert.  Eddie was even stunned that we could fit in Dan’s car and kept saying there is no room.  We all enjoyed a big fat Smashburger (well except Annie who got a hot dog and Hannah who took the healthy route of Caesar salad!)  Ed hassled us the whole time to go to ABC to get ice cream (TCBY to get yogurt, not the liquor store LOL)  We laughed, joked and had a great Jesus night out! Ed was enthralled with John and at one point I saw him giving John a big unsolicited hug!  Carrie helped Ed NOT put items back on the candy condiment bar.  (the reason I do not partake in the buffet type things….I’ve seen too much from people with 5 kids….) When Ed went over and gave a little boy a nice little shove we felt it was time to go before a Wog disaster struck. Well, I guess it would have been good material for the blog though!!  Thanks Wyatts for being such awesome Jesus examples of real, fun loving friends!  Congrats on surviving a night with the Wogs!!  The only way it could have been better is if James McDonald would have been there LOL #wogbloghog

No comments:

Post a Comment