Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Women Alive 2012

I have been in an afterglow from last night’s Women Alive meeting at Beaches Chapel, all day long!  I just love the sweet presence of the Lord.  There is nothing like worshipping with a bunch of ladies!  Nothing against men at all but women just know how to worship with total abandonment!  It knew I was in trouble when I got there early. I walked in and heard, Kathleen, Robin and Valerie belting out my favorite worship song, Come Away With Me.  I started getting weepy and had to get a grip so I could keep some make-up on for the meeting to cry off later! LOL!  It was truly a dream come true for me.  I love nothing more than when the Body of Christ comes together for a common goal! 

I started in ministry when I was 19 when I became a Young Life leader.  It was a mind-blowing experience to see so many people from different denominations working together.  I had never experienced that before. When I got plugged into YouthQuake in my mid-20’s, it was the same experience.  It started with just two churches and when we joined forces it was three.  Now, we have over 50 churches in our cast of kids.  God has truly commanded such a blessing over YouthQuake Live!  I know it must please the heart of God when we all pull together with our individual gifts and talents to reach the lost. Teamwork is so productive and produces such beautiful ministry!  I think that must be what Jesus had in mind, not for us to close ourselves off from the church down the street but to work together and compliment each other!
 
I experienced that last night!  We had such sweet unity in our prayer time with a group of ladies from multiple churches!  It was a precious time praying for each other and for the meeting!  I so loved having Michel Oesterricher in our midst.  I have prayed with her for the last few years on a regular basis at weekly prayer but to see her flow with ladies from other churches was a true blessing!!  I am so grateful for all she has invested in my life as my Bible teacher and prayer warrior!  It was so great to be with Lissa, Liz and Tina and to be ministering with them.  I loved having friends there like Pat, Carole, Mary, Bonnie and Paulette, who zoomed right in from the Gator game!  Of course my family was there in full force but there was quite a void not to have the president of my fan club -  AKA Lee Lee Smith there and her sweet baby girl Alexandra!  I knew they were with me in spirit for sure all the way from Nashville!!  Wait a minute...Women Alive in Nashville....I'm getting a new vision! :) 
My two favorite Arabs, Paulette and Tina!!

I loved every minute of the meeting and hated to see it come to an end.  It was a precious night of prayer and ministry!  So many ladies with broken hearts and lost dreams!  My prayer is that God healed the women and revived their dreams!  I am praying that God will help me overcome my worry, my fears and provide for my family this year.

After the meeting, about 30 ladies circled Sarah Szarmack and prayed for her upcoming trip to Uganda to complete her adoption of her new son, Kennedy.  I was so moved by the sight of all the ladies in agreement, that I ran over to take a picture with my phone to preserve this moment in their history.  I went over to grab my phone and couldn’t find that darn thing in my purse.  I did something on the fly, that I kind of second-guessed after I did it!  I grabbed a random iPhone, snapped the picture I wanted and texted it to myself and put the phone back (Hint – the reason to have a passcode on your phone for freaks that feel the need to take random pictures on demand.  Sorry whoever!)

I am grateful to Pastor Steve for allowing Beaches Chapel to host Women Alive.  I am thankful to Sharon for inviting me to share.  I am very blessed by Lucas, Dale and James who were so kind, accommodating and had such sweet servant’s hearts. (yes James even managed to make the Women Alive blog!)  I pray that it will be the beginning of more great things in the coming year!!

1 comment:

  1. Edi, I was so blessed by your word Monday night. You are such a dynamic speaker! The spirit of God was so sweet I just cried and cried. I'm holding on to your word from God that this is the year to be set free. Love Kim Broderick

    ReplyDelete