Sunday, January 22, 2012

Games, Games and More Games

I live for Fridays! Thursdays are stress bombs of test cramming with the four Wogs, Bible, Vocabulary, Spelling and more.  My heart is always happy when they are safely at school and my work is done for the week! 

Last Friday, Bubba was playing in a basketball tournament.  The team they were playing against beat them by like 30 points the last time.  I did not go to the game because I was sick and very tired and had a huge day organizing STARS football on Saturday.  Bubs asked me what we were going to do if they won and I confidently told him I didn’t think that would happen.  He gasped and scolded me saying, “Don’t you believe in miracles?”  Wow, I felt bad but was still betting on a loss.  If they won, they would play in town at 12 PM and it would conflict with our football league that had games at 11 AM. I didn't worry about it for a second....

I got the little kids to bed, put in my chick flick and was enjoying my night at home alone.  I got a text from a team parent saying it looked like we were going to win the game.  I thought wow that’s great and then it hit me like a freight train, what that really meant….FOOTBALL!!!!!  I tried to comfort myself to not panic yet. Things could change quickly in those games.  Then Bubba calls, “Hi Mom, guess what?  We won the game!”  After I commended him, I quickly asked him to put Dad on the phone and the panic commenced.  We figured out that 5 out of 6 football teams had members of this basketball team and would all be double booked.  Dan made the decision to scramble and contact 60 families to move the time of the football game to an hour earlier….there went my night of relaxation and downtime.  I went into action, calling coaches, emailing and texting like crazy.  

Dan got home, organized flags while I sorted jerseys and I finally collapsed in bed praying to the Lord that everyone would get the message and we wouldn’t have a disaster of disappointed kids and angry parents to deal with.  I had a fitful night of sleep waking up in sheer panic.  I got up and hoped for the best.  God totally showed up and all went miraculously smooth and everyone seemed to have a blast!  Dan left the field the second his football game ended and headed to the semifinal basketball game. Dan very confidently told me that they had no chance of winning that the team they were playing was awesome.  Dan was stunned when they almost won the game.  They had other coaches coming over saying how they couldn’t believe how much our team had grown and developed.  Dan said he has never had a team improve so much in one season in the 14 teams he has coached.  It was the perfect way to end a long season of basketball!  The only thing that could have made the day better, was if James McDonald was there sporting his Wog Blog Tshirt!! :) #wogblogboss

No comments:

Post a Comment