Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Happy 4th Birthday Eddie!

 It’s pretty unbelievable that it’s been 4 years since I was sure I would have a nervous breakdown having a 5th kid.  Eddie arrived a little after midnight and just missed being born on my Aunt Pat’s birthday.  My doctor had to do an emergency C-section so it delayed Ed’s arrival!   He did manage to barely arrive in the January month.  We have all our 5 kids within the first six months of the year and each kid is featured on their birth month on the familycalendar all by themselves!  Eddie didn't infringe on Bubba's month and gets to start off every year for us!

My mom decided to give Eddie a set of walkie-talkies.  Dan was sitting in our room and Eddie says, "Daddy you're awesome, Roger, Roger!"  It was so funny!  We put him to bed that night and I let him keep one walkie-talkie not really thinking it all through.  I went downstairs to watch a movie with Dan, Bonnie and Bubs and a few minutes later, we started hearing the other walkie talkie…”Daddy, DADDDDYYY!”  Dan looks at me and says. “REALLY??”  For the next 30 minutes, he would call one of us and we would tell him to go to sleep.  It was really hilarious!

I was really excited about taking cupcakes into his class.  I have never hung out in his class and it was really precious.  He was so excited to see me and all his friends were very interested in “Eddie’s mom!”  I got to finally meet, Roscoe, Ethan, Mason and all Eddie’s classmates!  We passed out cupcakes, and the whole class sang happy birthday to Ed.  They had music time and story time and the class was so organized, calm and peaceful and I was really impressed!!




Then the madness began!  Mysteriously one of the balloons I got Ed was missing out of the truck and I am assuming it took flight when we opened the door.  All the five Wogs loaded up and headed to Chick-fil-A!  We parked and we heard loud horn blowing and hollering and some of Bonnie’s friends pulled in to wish Ed a Happy Birthday!  I noticed there was more than usual people in Chick as I was saving four tables.  I saw some people I knew and found out it was a school’s spirit night and IT WAS PACKED!  Ed was in Chick-fil-A heaven playing in the play yard and I was sweating praying someone would show up soon and occupy these tables that people were stalking.  I exchanged some spirited texts with Dan about his tardiness and finally everyone arrived.  We slammed down some chicken, and a mound of waffle fries and finally got to the cupcakes!  Hats off to Grammy, Poppy, Uncle Paul, Aunt Mary and Eddie's cousins for braving the chaos!

The Chick Cow that has tormented Ed since birth came out and Ed was a very brave 4 year old and even posed for a picture.  We got out of there as soon as we finished up to free up the tables for the hordes of school spirit people standing around glaring at us.  I got to he door and some person behind me stepped on the balloon and poof it flew up to the sky to join the other balloon that mysteriously escaped.  Before Ed had a meltdown at his balloonless state, we swung by the store and bought the exact same balloons and we prayed he would never know the truth.  I don’t think Ed realizes his “Happy Birthday Party” is over for another year.

I have loved having Eddie so much and I'm so thankful that God knew I need another little boy!! He makes me laugh everyday while he is bossing me around or singing or being funny!  We have bought him hundreds of matchbox cars and watched countless episodes of Little Einstein, Jake and the Neverland Pirates and Mickey Mouse!  I don’t know what God has planned for our little surprise blessing but I know it’s going to be something big and bold!!  He was well named after his great-grandfather who loved to sing, joke and most of all love freely!  Happy Birthday to my baby boy, Eddie!

1 comment:

  1. You know I had to read this one too, since it was about Ed :) "spirited texts" LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete