Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ed's Bike Pick-Up

I few weeks ago, I thought I was so cool and would make Ed’s day by riding my bike to pick him up from school.  I got his helmet and rode like crazy to his school.  I was so ridiculously excited to see him and for him to find out I rode my bike.  I have just recently realized that I must exercise more if I am going to have the energy to raise all these kids.  It sure takes an effort and takes up more time than I wish but I am dedicated to the cause!

Ed came out and I was standing there with his helmet and he asked me where my truck was.  I told him I was going to ride him home on the bike.  I didn’t quite get the reaction I was going for.  He kept checking the carpool line as if I had abandoned the truck there.  He was never really jazzed about it and I was quite disappointed.  I did it a few more times on crazy beautiful 70 degree winter days!  Last Wednesday, I picked him up in the truck and he starts hassling me about why I didn’t pick him up on the bike….geez, I can’t win! 

Friday was early release for my other kids.  I had a grandiose idea for all of us to bike up to Ed’s school and surprise him.  It was going to be tight because I only had 15 minutes between pick-ups.  That blasted Penman road light almost ruined it for everyone.  I call that light really bad names %$#&@#.....  Lord forgive me!   It turned red after a half of a car made it through so I thought quickly, and went straight through the light instead of turning and parked at the elementary school behind my house.  My kids busted a move, jumped the fence, grabbed the helmets, dodged the dog and rode their little hearts out!  I think the thought of little Ed standing on the curb drove them to ride faster and faster.  We pulled in at 1 PM on the button and I was sure I was going to pass out.

Ed was more than stoked to see his sibs!  Not really sure I got the whole story, but his face was painted up like “Captain Morgan??”  Isn’t that the alcohol dude?  Well, anyway, we rode home and Ed was so excited and chitchatted relentless all the way home!  It was a fun memory and I could hardly walk the rest of the day from all this fun exercise….can we please have a cold snap soon so I can drive again! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment