Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Scary Tunnels

Ed cracks me up!  He is completely obsessed with “tunnels”  (culverts!)  I guess it started when we got into bike riding.  He would see the pipes under the roads and in ditches and he talks about them relentless.  We stop and he checks them out but is pretty afraid of them.  We have one at the end of our road that he is getting a little braver with his investigations!  I try to reinforce his fear because I don’t ever want him going inside one like little children are prone to do.  Dan gets mad at me and wants all his kid’s adventurous.  I want my kids alive and I don’t care what he says, tunnels are scary!

I might be traumatized from my childhood.  We lived on the oceanfront and before the dredge they had this pipe that ran from the beach to Ocean drive.  My siblings told me stories about how they climbed up the pipe all the way to the metal grate.  I used to look up in that claustrophobic, dark pipe and want to be that brave but I was way to afraid to ever try it.  That’s why I constantly tell Eddie how nasty it is in the “tunnels” and I am totally fine with him playing it safe!!  I know people think we are crazy analyzing all the culverts.  One day the Altenbachs rode by why my kids were playing down in the ditch.  It started with Ed peering inside the tunnel and ended up with my three little peeps rolling down the hill.  It was pretty adorable even if the scary tunnel was near by!  

No comments:

Post a Comment