Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NJHS Inductions 2012


Today, I finally got to the store and bought a frame for my big girl’s National Junior Honor Society certificate.  As, I was putting it in the frame and hanging it on the wall, I thought about how hard and diligent Bonnie has worked to achieve this honor.  She is a very conscientious student but things haven’t always come easy to her (I won’t say the Math word!)  She strives for excellence and puts the time in necessary to make good grades.  At the beginning of the year, she set out to keep her grades up and was devastated when she got a grade lower than she wanted.  I tried to encourage her to let it go but she thought every bad grade would keep her from being inducted.  I know I told her the requirement was a 3.5 but I think she must have heard 4.0 because for the first time in her life, she has gotten Straight A’s two semesters in a row (even in Math!!) 
 
I am so very proud of her.  Not just for the induction into this exclusive honor society but for setting a goal and reaching it!  I am grateful for her teachers that are so gifted at explaining a subject in different ways so that the student can comprehend.  Teresa Rogers always went out of her way to help Bonnie, (especially in Math) and also Leanne McGarity has been a tremendous blessing. She has been so encouraging to Bonnie and a cheerleader for her when she grasps a concept!  Bonnie has but in so many hours of study (me too!) and has spent many nights at her grandmother’s house getting tutored.  Bonnie has always brought our family honor in a host of ways but now it’s official because a certificate now hangs on the wall!!  Well done, Bonnie!!  We love you and are very proud of your accomplishment!!




No comments:

Post a Comment