Sunday, February 12, 2012

STAR WARS Phantom Menace 3D

There are things in your life that stand out and will always forever!  I vividly remember going to see the original Star Wars movie, (episode 4, A New Hope) with my parents when I was a kid (Yes I am older than I look, LOL!)  The first time Bubba ever saw a Star Wars movie was when he just turned 4 and we took him to see Episode 3 (yes I am rethinking that decision for sure.  It sounds so ridiculous now but it didn’t at the time because Bubba was so obsessed with Star Wars) 

Yesterday was an Epic day for the Wogs!  The Phantom Menace was re-leased in 3D and Bubba wanted to go see it with his best friend from preschool Ryan.  They had previously had Star Wars bonding as little kids!  Bubba started his day with a flag football game, a Pop Warner football from the Godard’s and then dashed to the theater for the big Star Wars moment.  I emailed the fam about going if the time worked out.  We were quite excited that THE James McDonald was going to be there at the same time!!  (Does a birthday get any better than that? Isn’t that the best gift possible?)  As if to make the day even more epic, BOTH James and Jesse were sporting the now famous, Wog Blog T-shirts!  It was like a major clash of goodness all at once! 
I picked up my nephew Isaac and rushed to the theater!  Dan got there early to save seats while I got the kids situated at home.  It was such an awesome surprise to have Uncle Bill and William there too!  We really dominated the whole theater with the Szarmacks, Ashmores, Burdettes and Porters were there too!  Poor Kennedy was either really tired or freaked out with the 3D action.  We are thinking this may be his first movie and oh what a perfect one to see first!


When the Star Wars music came on, I had to choke back tears of joy!  I sat next to William and Bubs asked me if he was alive when it originally came out and William said he felt old because Bubba wasn’t (it was released in 1999)  William and I both cringed the whole movie and plotted the assassination of Jar Jar Binks.  
My brother Billy can’t stand Jar Jar and actually re-edited a whole movie cutting him out as much as possible.  I think William actually tweeted something like “What was George Lucas thinking?”  and I agreed.  What an irritating character.  We also lamented about what a shame it was that Qui Gon Jinn and Darth Maul were killed off in episode 1.  They were awesome characters.  We were secretly hoping that the plot would miraculous change and Darth Maul would slice Jar Jar binks into the shaft of death.


The 3D Glasses were so cool.  They had a picture of Darth Maul’s eyes on the arms of the glasses.  Bubba is obsessed with 3D glasses.  Mysteriously I ended up with about 6 pair in my purse.  I didn’t make a big deal about Bubba lifting them from the theater because it was his birthday celebration after all.  The film ended and Bubba got another gift, a Star Wars Xbox game from the Altenbachs!  Now we are only left counting down the days until they release Episode 2, Attack of the Clones.  Let’s just hope and pray that James McDonald will be at that showing as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment