Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Little Scholars


When I signed up Bubba for Pop Warner, I did think it was strange that they wanted a report card.  I didn’t give it much thought, I just checked it off the requirement list and never thought of it again.  I don’t know much about Pop Warner and honestly was pleasantly surprised at how nice our experience was.  I have heard horror stories and had resisted letting Bubba participate for years.  I even started a flag football league to try to satisfy him but it didn’t work!  I was so fearful of him getting injured or abused mentally.  I finally relented after I read Tim Tebow’s book so Bubba should really be thankful for Timmy!  LOL

At one of the games, I was handed a packet of information about Bubba being accepted as a Little Scholar.  I was very excited and proud of him.  Basically you have to have a minimum grade of 96% to qualify and be active in your community. They recognized Bubba and the other Little Scholars at the homecoming party, calling each out on the field, explaining that they are in the 1% of the almost half a million participants in the world.  

A few weeks ago we got an invitation in the mail for a Little Scholars Banquet.  We RSVPed and went last Saturday night.  It was quite a big affair.  It was in a beautiful historic room at the Prime Osborn Convention Center, which was the old train station.  All the kids and parents were dressed up and they presented each kid with awards, a T-shirt and a bag of treats (their favorite!)  They also gave cash scholarships too.  Now I am really going to motivate Bubba to make good grades!!  I was very proud of Bubba who has always cared about his grades and always gives 100% effort in everything he does!  Dan and I so enjoyed just being alone with Bubba and spending time with him on our night out!  The older the kids get the more I realize how they will be our best friends!  I don’t know what the future holds for Bubba but I know God has a plan and it’s going to be good!  I just pray it has something to do with football! 



No comments:

Post a Comment