Sunday, November 6, 2011

Dance Revolution

What a weekend! My girls have been looking forward to this for months.  Their dance teacher Sheri, has been working so hard with them getting them ready to perform at Dance Revolution!  We headed down to Orlando and they were so very cute and excited!!  We left before the sun came up and made great time!  I was severely coffee deficient but planned on making up for it when I arrived!  The girls went straight into classes and I went straight to my room and to the coffee pot!  Sheri got me a free upgrade on my room and hooked a sister up!  It not only had a coffee pot, but a microwave and refrigerator!!  I perked two big cupfuls and was pretty much in heaven, alone in a quiet hotel room.  I was really digging this dance convention!!  The girls danced all day.  Carrie Wyatt and I delivered Chick-fil-a for lunch and only got lost briefly two times!  After lunch, I was going to download some pictures on my computer and just shut my tired eyes for a minute and took a power nap!  Does it get any better than that?


It was time to get the girls ready for their big performance!   Carrie did a beautiful job on their hair.  Mags said it looked like a crown was on their head and it did!  They all looked so beautiful and danced their hearts out!  I was a very proud and relieved momma.  There is a part of the dance that Maggie runs and Bonnie catches her and I was in a full on sweat, nervous about Bonnie dropping her sister!  They did it perfect and Sydney didn’t drop Rana either!! Shewwww!!  


After “Mommaratzi” (the name Carrie gave my psycho picture-taking self!) drove the girls crazy taking pictures, we headed to Denny’s to celebrate!  Praise Jesus, kids ate free too! Bonnie ate the biggest bacon cheeseburger I have ever seen and Mags slammed the grand-slam breakfast!!  I could only eat half of my grand slam and saved it for breakfast (that the girls ate, I might add!) Now if the waiter could only get our checks right....
Enjoying Mom's breakfast! :)
The next day, the girls were dragging a little but were still excited. We went to a phenomenal production by the staff called “Red”  It is a powerful story of the prodigal son weaved together with the Wizard of Oz.  We cried through it and were touched! Michelle, the leader of Dance Revolution, can preach it.  I could have tweeted her whole message.  What a powerful word about choices and how we sometimes need to REDiscover who we are and that God is always there to REDeem us and to REDeposit into us.  All we have to do is REDedicate ourselves and our lives to Him!!  They had an altar call and it was life changing for many there!!

One of the funniest parts, was sitting in the last class with Mags and Rana. Their teacher was unbelievable.  She was like a character from a Disney show.  I have never seen such a perky, enthusiastic person who controlled those 50 small girls like nothing I have ever seen.  The love that she had for dance was insane.  She desired those girls to be the best dancers in the world.  No scolding, no threatening, just freakish behavior that had the girls spellbound and obedient.  It was amazing to watch.  She has five kids too but seems much more suited for it than some people!  :) Her voice will never leave my head and I will strive to be her when I grow up! (when is that by the way??) 


This is the dance atmosphere I want for my girls!  They get judged but they also are given a blessing from the judges.  They pray in every class, use worship songs for the dances, and emphasize modesty and glorifying God in all you do!  What a difference from how the world teaches our young ones to dance!  I am so grateful for Sheri who has opened this new world up to my girls!!!  I want them to dance for Jesus always!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment