Monday, November 28, 2011

Kid's Stepping Up!

My kids have blessed me the past couple of days.  Lately, I haven’t been feeling that great.  I have had this horrific, debilitating headache.  Yesterday, I was still in my jammies at dinnertime and weakly asked the kids what we should have for dinner, dreading the thought of pumping out food for seven people.  Bonnie and Maggie suggested Brinner (Breakfast for Dinner!) and declared that they were going to make it!  I have never seen anyone crack a dozen eggs so fast with no shell pieces at all!   They put in some ham and cheese in the eggs and scrambled them to perfection. Maggie made toast too with butter and jelly!  Annie pitched in and poured the milk, laid out the plates and distributed the fruit evenly on all the plates.  It was awesome and I can see my dream of not having to cook one day, may be materializing.

Tonight, Dan left with the four older kids for Basketball/Dance practice and I started cleaning up after dinner.  Ed walked over to the sink and got the scrubber and started scrubbing a pan in the sink.  I was stoked!  He loved it and went on to do a big bowl and some cups too.  He was bugging, needing more and more soap but whatever.  I will waste a little soap if he keeps washing up!  Now if I could only get KC to stop working against us and to pitch in.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment