Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween Madness

Halloween is not my favorite time of the year.  In the words of Eddie, “It’s Spooky!”  I don’t enjoy the spiders, skeletons and witch decorations that are in stores and in people’s yards.  It is so much fun for the kids and they look forward to it all year and have a blast.  We aren’t worshipping the devil but just having fun together!  It’s a stress bomb for me though and I dread it.  The kids decide what they want to be and inevitably they try to change their mind the day before.  Annie wanted to be the Karate Girl, which I was very happy about.  It’s easy and we have the uniform!  The day before, she decides she wants to be a “Gansta” instead but I said NO!  It’s just not right having a pretty, little, gangsta girl.  (Even though she could totally pull it off!)  Mags went from being a cheerleader to a Diva Pop Star!  Bonnie had no clue and Bubs said he never changes his mind. He is always a football player. I honestly wished I could lie down and rest after the make-up, hair spray, and destroying every closet looking for this, that and the other.  We finally got everyone dressed for our Church Costume party and I thought Shewwwww, I’m done.  We have typically convinced our kids that the night we dress up for church is Halloween. :)
 
Then friends asked the kids to Trick or Treat on the real Halloween.  I wanted to cry because I almost had the Halloween bomb of costumes and paraphernalia cleaned up and now had to start over again :/ I told Annie the only way she was going is if she was the same thing.  Mags switched back to a cheerleader and Bonnie wanted to be a Hippy. (Much to Dan’s dismay!)  I was freaking out because it's like doing it all over again! I couldn’t cope with Eddie’s, no napping, fussy self so we were doing all this in secret because he was going to be "Halloween shafted" and going straight to bed!!  (He got to dress up as Buzz at school and Hook at church!)

Bubba decides instead of being his typical football player again, he wanted to be a Miami Thug Fan sporting their 5 National Championship Rings!  He asked me to go online and buy replicas.  We looked and they cost thousands of dollars.  Then he asked if WE could just make some….I spent all yesterday afternoon, altering the girls rings with pictures of the championship rings, thinking to myself….The things parents do for their kids. I never dreamed I would have to be so darn crafty and creative! I should have taken some craft classes for sure!  They turned out pretty good and miraculously when he got home with his 30 pounds of candy, they were still intact.  I quickly collected them and hid them away for next year!  I figure Annie may want to be a Thug Fan!  (I hope the girls won't miss their five rings….) After all the kids went to bed, Dan and I strategically hid all their candy and I am planning on packing it up for Sunday School treats, but don’t tell my kids!!  Now it's time to clean up the Halloween Bomb again....Thank God it's November!  I can deal with Indians, Pilgrims and Turkeys much better! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment