Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Bubba's Poinsettias


Sometimes I worry about Bubba because he is an aggressive, tough, opinionated boy.  Then other times, I choke back tears about something he says or does.   I don’t want to raise a “momma’s boy” or a wimp but I do want my sons to be compassionate. It always does my heart good to know that there is still a tender heart in there!  We went to get our Christmas tree and the store had little poinsettias for sale.  Last year, Bubba bought his teacher, Mrs. Millen a poinsettia and it turned into a hilarious ordeal.  His second grade teacher would swipe it and this went on for days.  Bubba’s teacher would sneak in and swipe it back.  It was great fun! 

Bubba asked me if he could get a poinsettia for his teacher this year and I said yes.  Then he asked if he could also get one for his three previous teachers.  He reminded me about the chaos surrounding last year’s poinsettia.  I quickly said yes and was touched.  Dan was like what the heck? Four poinsettias?? I told him YES, we were getting these poinsettias and he was like OK, not quite understanding the moment I was having with my boy!   He made each teacher a card and taped them on each Poinsettia.  Bubba truly has an affection for all the teachers he has had through the years and they have a connection with Bubba.  They will never see orange and green together and not think of him!  I am so grateful for the incredibly dedicated, loving and patient teachers that Bubba has been blessed with.  They are helping me grow him into a polite, Godly, studious, young man.  He even loves the Gator teachers too!

No comments:

Post a Comment