Friday, December 2, 2011

Winter Wonderland Dance

I force myself to embrace special moments with my kids even though I want to weep at how fast they are growing up!  Tonight, Bonnie had her Middle School Dance at school. She has been planning this night for months.  We have talked and talked about it and tonight was the night!  She was so excited as we did her nails and painted her toes. I had to make her sit down so I could do her hair because she was too tall for me to reach.  She looked WAYYYYY to old and beautiful!  

She came down the stairs and her grandfather started crying (like I wanted too!)  It hurts my heart at how quickly she grew up.  I wish she was a little girl again.  I wouldn’t do anything different necessarily but I just wish I could do it again.  She has always blessed us so and made us so proud! 

Her best friend came over, we took loads of pictures and headed to the dance!  Those kids had the time of their life!  They kicked their shoes off, and danced the whole time until they were sweating.  I had a parent say that we needed less tables set up next year because no one sat down.  What a wonderful thing!  I never had a dance in middle school and think this was the perfect atmosphere.  Mr. K DJed and was awesome!  He played all their favorite songs, plus some classics like Thriller, Electric Slide, and of course YMCA!  I wasn’t sure if Dan was going to be able to contain himself when Usher came on!! 
 
I am so grateful that my daughter is at a Christian school where they embrace fun like this in such a safe, wholesome atmosphere!!  Now to start planning for next year’s dance….

No comments:

Post a Comment