Wednesday, December 7, 2011

To Do List Day

I am still in shock having just sat down for the first time in 12 hours.  I have NEVER had a to do list like I did today.  It was insanity.  I thank the Lord for my new best friend Siri, the voice activated girl on my new iPhone.  She made me a list of 23 things that I had to take care of and reminded me all day long, from taking lunch to 5 kids, delivering poinsettias, Christmas shopping, grocery shopping, Tux fitting, pointe shoe fitting, on and on and on!  The pointe shoe fitting was unbelievable.  

I was going to order online but I am a ballet idiot and have no clue what the terms mean.  I found a place in town that would fit Bonnie and order the shoes.  She tried on at least 20 pair of shoes and we have decided that one foot is bigger than the other.  Ed was a freaking, adorable nightmare.  The shop had a kitty cat and Ed was obsessed.  He was crawling around under all the racks of dance clothes trying to get the cat.  Luckily, the cat was smart and ran for her life every time Ed would get close.   Every time the sales lady would go in the back to get ANOTHER pair of shoes, Ed would sit in her chair and start counting in Spanish.  Who knew he was learning Spanish and can count to 10?  I freaked out!  He said “Mrs. Kathy” teaches him Spanish at school, WOW!  Then, Ed decides to try out the dressing room and slams the door over and over again.  After an hour and a pile of pointe shoes, I told Bonnie to call me when they figure it out and I took him to the truck.  We sat in the car and I am sure the kitty was relieved and coming out of hiding.  Finally, I got a call and they had made a decision.  Ed and I went in and paid for the shoes and finally started for home.  When I cranked up the truck, my hazards were blinking, my brights were on and the windshield wipers were whipping as fast as they could….apparently Ed was busy the 10 minutes we sat in the car!  I was reminded how fun it was to be in coming home traffic :/  We almost made it home and I panicked because Ed wasn’t talking and I look in the backseat and his eyes were closed and I freaked out!  Bonnie started shaking him and he yells at her, “STOP Sissy, I’m sleeping!”  It was the longest day ever but with Siri’s help, we accomplished more than seemed humanly possible! Thanks Siri

No comments:

Post a Comment