Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Tree Attack

I was so happy tonight.  After my depressing Christmas spirit blog yesterday, I was determined to do something fun!  I rewarded Annie and Mags for having such a great year cheering and playing basketball with peppermint milkshakes from Chick!  We rode around and looked at Christmas lights on the way home too!  I was feeling better about myself…..momentarily.






I love my dog but she sure has complicated my complicated life!  She is like a spoiled brat.  If she doesn’t get walked she punishes us by destroying something.  Today it was our Christmas Tree.  It was rainy and nasty all day and then I was gone at Tae Kwon Do and a game until after dinner.  I put the little kids to bed and while I was doing that, KC worked hard at undecorating the tree.  Dan comes upstairs when he got home with Bonnie and Bubba and asked me, “Have you seen what YOUR dog has done??”  My inside voice was asking “Who is the one who drove 20 hours to get that dog from the mountains?” 

KC chewed the socket off the light strands, broke a few lights (hope she didn’t eat glass) and chewed up all the ornaments halfway down off the tree.  I am a very sentimental person and I made Dan go sweep up all the kid’s ornaments and crafts that they have made that she destroyed and I am not even going to look!  I figure what I don’t know, won’t hurt me.   I was really worried about the tree last year when she was still a real puppy but I thought this year she would be fine.

How old do dogs have to be before they settle down again??  Every time I think she has turned a corner on  destruction, she does something crazy like this!  I am not sure what to do about the tree.  I think I am going to do nothing.  If I get new lights and redecorate, I bet she will do it again.  Talk about a Charlie Brown Christmas Tree…..I bet Snoopy never did this!

No comments:

Post a Comment