Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Bike Ride? - 3rd Times a Charm



Yesterday, Dan was home and he loves to work exercising into the day.  I was kind of ready to stay in my jammies in full Christmas recovery mode!  He was so thrilled that he got my bicycle operational so I could join in on the fun.  We loaded all 7 Wogs and a Dog on the bikes and took off for a scary family ride!  I have never seen such weaving and near death experiences in my life.  Annie only fell two or three times and didn’t have much blood at all :/  Poor girl!  Thank God she was wearing her knee and elbow pads!!  

We got all the way down to 3rd street on Florida Boulevard and were waiting to cross the road.  I swear someone shot a gun at us and I quickly checked if all the kids and KC were alive.  We finally realized it was Bubba’s bike tire.  Dan raced home with the dog and the kids and I walked back to Jarboe Park to wait. The kids were thrilled to have some park time!  Ed got to see a live turtle up close and personal that was digging in the grass. 
 
We finally got home and decided to divert to Plan B.  We got subs from Subway and went back to that Preserve we found last week off of Atlantic. On the way there we saw Maw Maw in her car and persuaded her to join us on our adventure!  Maw Maw was so enthusiastic about our find and even sported a Miami hoodie when the wind kicked up!! 


Dan got Bubba’s bike fixed again and off we went for another try.  Shortly after we left, Bubba yells to us that his chain fell off.  I made the mistake of laughing and got a mini-tongue lashing from Dan about how I am not the one that has to fix the bikes!  The 3rd time we struck out was the charm and we visited Dan’s parents, Britt and Laura and attempting to visit with Jaime!  Ed was a hoot!  I yelled out to Dan to turn left and Eddie starts singing VERY loud The Cupid Shuffle, “To the left, to the left, to the right to the right, now kick, now kick, now walking by yourself!”  He would happily greet everyone we saw and especially was excited when we saw another dog! I didn’t know it was possible to talk that much during a bike ride!  KC ran like crazy but if any of us (me) would lag behind, she would try to stop Dan so he would frequently yell at me to speed up! My mom came over and we all ended up at the park again and capped off the day with delicious bacon cheeseburgers on the grill by Chef Dan!  Did I mention I am limping today from our day of exercise/fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment