Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day of Christmas Fun


Every once in awhile, I loose my mind, and try to be “fun mom” and do crafts with the kids.  I secretly despise crafting but I know it’s a part of raising kids and oh how they love it!  We went to a JU football game recently and the girls collected these HUGE pinecones.  They wanted to decorate them, so today was the day.  I really went nuts and let them spray paint the pinecones with green paint.  Of course, Ed wanted to spray his own pinecone!  He got pretty freaked out when he got green paint on his spray finger.  

I told them to give the pinecones 30 minutes to dry before decorating!  Then the madness kicked in.  Glitter Fest 2011 commenced!  Ed didn’t quite understand “sprinkle.”  He was more into dumping glitter on his pinecone!  The girls were painting and gluing galore with string and sequins and some unidentifiable things they found in the craft cabinet.  Of course there was some crying and fighting and then a lot of threats to get them to clean up all the mess before Dad got home!  The smartest thing I did all day was keeping this whole fun experience outside! 

Then it was time to go to Ed’s School Christmas Party!  He was so cute!  He sang several Christmas songs and rang his little heart out shaking his jingle bell!  We had some lunch and cupcakes and he would randomly yell hello to one of his classmates!! He gave his teachers presents and got hugs and pictures and then it was home for fun with Dad!  They went on a family bike ride and I frantically wrapped gifts!  


Later, we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and were terribly disappointed because they were out of peppermint milkshakes :(  At least they had a bouncy house that made up for it! Then it was Christmas light hunting time!  We heard about this house on Snapping Turtle Lane in Ocean Walk that has synchronized lights to music!  We finally found it after several harassing text messages to my friend for directions.  It was seriously amazing.  The best was Charlie Brown’s Christmas song with all that piano playing.  It was so phenomenal and for some reason I wanted to cry I was so happy.  The kids were mesmerized and didn’t want to leave.  Ed begged to get out but I did the neighborhood a favor and kept him locked in the car!  I am so exhausted and it was nice to have a fun night out and not be sitting at home racking my brain about what I have forgotten….now if those missing gifts would only show up in the mail…..

No comments:

Post a Comment