Thursday, December 15, 2011

School Christmas Play

Tonight was the kid's Christmas program.  It was a stress filled day and no matter how early we start getting ready, it's always a panic to get to the church on time.  After kids were dressed, girls makeup and hair buns completed, ties tied and Ed in an acceptable outfit, we were out the door! We met in Bubba's classroom to get all 11 dancers looking fabulous along with all of Bubba's classmates.  It was the craziest bedlam I have been around in along time.  That's saying a lot coming from my household LOL!  There were boys and girls flirting and chasing each other around, dancers dancing, shepherds walking around and adults scrambling like crazy, slinging tutu's and sashes on tiny little girls!  I was utterly exhausted when I went to take my seat for the show and prayed for the best!  My poor mom came up to sew on tulle on the tiny little leotards and commented on the volume of the room.  I am pretty sure it set some record for noise levels.
 
The show began with the 12 Days of Christmas and was the cutest thing ever!  Bubba was a calling bird and had a big cell phone, Annie was suppose to lay an egg but just wouldn't squat for anything.  Bubba also had a solo speaking part and did a great job on the part he was worried about  THE MOST HIGH!  All the kids knew their lines perfectly and sang so loud I was shocked!  THE James McDonald (worship leader extraordinaire!) led the music and did a fabulous job!!  Mary (Abigail) sang a solo and blew everyone's mind!  That little girl has an incredible voice and I can only imagine what the future holds for her.  The Dancers came out looking so lovely, like Christmas Princesses!  The Shepherds came up and sang a couple precious songs and then the Three Kings made their way down the aisle to present their gifts to the King!  

It always amazes me how fabulous all the kids do the night of the performance.  I know for sure that much prayer has gone into making this night so precious!  There was a wonderful reception with cookies and kids frolicked around the lighted Christmas tree, drinking hot chocolate.  Dan and I actually only lost the kids about five times and thankfully got home with all of them!   I know that countless hours went into the preparation by Vicki McDonald, James, all the teachers and the parents too!   I am so grateful for all their hard work and blessed by BCS once again! (Afterwards, Ed tried to take over but really James was the real star of the show!)

No comments:

Post a Comment