Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wog Dog Blog - KC's Christmas Rescue

My life is a circus!  I had so much I intended to do today like wrap 50 gifts and try to get some Christmas cards out!  The kids were anxiously waiting for Santa’s annual visit to our street!  They had their lists all ready and kept listening for his sirens and music!  Finally the big moment arrived!  I was wondering how Eddie would react this year because he screamed his head off last year when he saw “Sammy Claus!”

The big moment arrived and all the kids rushed outside to see Santa!  Unfortunately, someone in all the excitement left the door open and out the door KC went!  She put on the brakes in the driveway when she saw all the sirens, all the people and the loud Christmas music!  We all chased her around but she was frantic and took off like a racehorse down the street!  I sent Bonnie and Bubba off to chase her and the other kids chatted with Santa and gave him their Christmas lists!  Santa gave all the kids candy canes and waved goodbye!  The “real” fun was just getting ready to begin! I just didn’t know it yet!

KC typically has a run-away route, which always ends up, at Huck Ross’s house, behind us!  He is used to it and puts her on a leash and calls us!  The first thing I do when she runs away is to alert my neighbor Susan and Huck.  Susan is the best neighbor you could ever want!  She has been a KC fan since the day she saw her picture!  She encouraged Dan to go back to NC to rescue her, which he proceeded to do.  KC has brought so much love to our family but so much chaos as well!  Susan has searched and found her more times than I can count over the last year and a half! 
I got on my bike and KC was trapped in a neighbor’s backyard at the end of my road.  I was so relieved that this was not going to be a long ordeal getting her back.  It’s Dan’s Birthday weekend and I encouraged him to go boating and to do something fun! The kids opted out of going with Dan to see Santa.  Before I knew it, KC busted out of the neighbors yard and high tailed it down Forest going east!  I was sick to my stomach because my biggest fear is her getting hit by a car because she is such a ding-dong and runs right out in the road!  I was stuck alone with the 5 Wogs searching for the dog!  I headed back down my street, loaded the 3 Wogs in the truck (2 were on there bike already hunting her) and we headed off in hopes of finding her alive.  We saw Mike Jumber on his street and he told me she had gone past his neighborhood. The girls were praying and crying and the hysteria was super fun!  :/ I went down Penman Road to Emma Road and heard her coming close.  Two sets of nice neighbors came out and we had her trapped in a vacant lot!  We all almost got her several times.  She would come close and turn around howling the worst sound you ever heard! People thought she was dying, WHOA, WHOA, WHOA…..
My faithful neighbor Susan showed up on her bike and trudged out in the marsh and we watched her frolic farther and farther away!  The nicest people ever came out and the Dad went and got his marsh boots on but KC kept going south. I think I am well acquainted with pretty much every neighbor that lives on the Marsh all through Neptune Beach (I searched for her all the way down to Seagate, but a helpful neighbor there told me there was a big ravine that she probably couldn’t cross since she doesn’t like water)

My kids were about to pee in their pants.  Eddie hopped out and was trying to pull his pants down to pee in this beautiful yard so I quickly took them home for a pit stop and dropped them off at my mom’s house so I could continue the search.  Bonnie and Bubba went around towards Kings but KC was strangely silent!  I decided to go back on Emma!  I went to the end of the road, by myself, turned off my man truck engine and prayed to God to help me!  Right then I got a call and they found her!  The sweet man with the marsh boots, trudged way out to get her and he was covered in mud up his back!  I was horrified, embarrassed and relieved all at the same time!  She was wet, disgusting, smelled like something dead and was covered in mud!  These terrific people gave me a towel!  I threw her in the back of my truck and took her home!  Bonnie and I threw her in the pool and dried her off! (Dan would kill me, so don’t tell) These poor folks were having a big Christmas party at their house and took time to help me!  It makes me cry that there are still people out there, in the world, that are willing to help a stranger, when in need! 
KC's Rescue Hero!
Totally missing my almost 2 hour trauma, Dan finally shows and I am sure he was secretly grateful to have missed it all!  He happily took a gift over to these wonderful people to thank them for their help! I have a lot of gifts to pass out from here to Seagate but this man got muddy for my dog!  Someone once told me right after I got KC that having a dog is a “walk in humility” and boy were they right! I guess overall I learned today that Susan is KC's Dogmother, Ed isn't afraid of Santa anymore, KC is not a big Santa fan and that kindness still prevailsl!! Merry Christmas Neptune Beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment