Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Very Godard Christmas!

We had a first today!  My sister Sharri hosted our family Christmas at her house for the first time!  My mom is going to continue to host Thanksgiving and Easter but has turned Christmas over to her kids and Sharri was our first host! What a total blast it was!  Dan asked if I was sad that it wasn’t at my mom’s after it being there my whole life and I said absolutely no!  My mom has earned the right to enjoy and it will be a new, fun experience for all!   Although I do think Brett was trying to exploit the family by gouging us with a ridiculous parking fee! LOL

The weather did not cooperate for my sister’s grandiose plans for eating outside but she improvised beautifully!  She moved her gorgeous tables inside, decorated with her creative style and set out a feast fit for a king!  It was a delicious twist on the traditional Thanksgiving meal as we all brought a dish or two! I brought the most awesome Heavenly Hash (marshmallow, orange, pineapple salad) that my sister despises, just for fun!!  It wouldn't be a true holiday if the family couldn't complain ALL day about it!  Dan redeemed us with his two trays of "pampered chef stone" cookies to die for!

All the kids sat at one table and then all the “adult” kids sat at another and the real adults at the third!   We laughed and cut up while the sun decided to come out, to provide us a fabulous afternoon of togetherness.  The Wog kids were beside themselves with a new environment to explore and somewhat destroy.  I am not sure my sister will be so eager to host another family holiday!  Annie got a skateboard for Christmas and thank God also, knee pads and elbow pads.  She spent all afternoon riding up and down Shar’s street!  Eddie frolicked in the road too and would also open the doors to random cars parked along the street. I hope he didn't steal anything.
The "Adult" Kid Table!

We had a nice surprise and had the Smiths do a drive-by visit and even the newlyweds came by, which was a huge treat!  We had an endless train of snacking on deliciousness which led into another mealtime!  The kids ate an undisclosed amount of treats and Ed managed to eat a whole ham sandwich thanks to his cousin Jaime who bribed him very successfully! Jaime even slipped in a massage on my tight, knotted up shoulders!  Best Christmas gift I could have asked for! 

Eddie mysteriously broke the basketball hoop.  I watched out the window while the medal hoop slowly bent completely over.  Everyone assured me it wasn’t his fault.  He promptly came in and broke Shar’s silverware box on her finest special occasion silverware. I was mortified. The kids seemed to be ramping up more destruction so I knew the time was coming for the Wogs to make a quick exit before an ER visit followed. (Been there, done that and don't want to go again!)

Basketball Hoop

Ed trying to fix the silverware box

No comments:

Post a Comment