Wednesday, December 14, 2011

It's All About Dan!

No one really knows this but I have a Wog Blog Boss.  I won’t mention anyone’s name but it’s very stressful keeping up!  It’s like having a scary editor that you want to please!  After a strong suggestion and somewhat of a threat, I will write the blog, about Dan’s crazy dancing at the wedding of the century, OK?? :)  My boss’s hashtag on the threat was #practicallywritesitself  LOL
I met Dan when he was in high school and he joined Young Life.  He has long been known for his crazy antics, lip syncs and dancing.  He was always such a blast to have at Young Life Club and the true life of the party!  I’ll never forget when Nicole Barnhardt got married about 10 years ago.  The rehearsal dinner was at a Salsa Restaurant.  They brought in professional salsa dancers to dance with all the ladies since most guys pretty much suck at dancing or won’t even try at all.  Not my Dan!  He took off with the mother of the bride, and dipped and swirled and had her laughing and yelling in hysteria!   YES, the professionals were intimidated thinking he was so much more advanced than them attempting moves they have never seen.  He cleared the whole dance floor and acted like he was the king of salsa!!  Dan can’t be hindered by professional lessons! He creates his own legend of dance!

Over the years, and through the expansion of our family, those dancing opportunities are far and few between.  In a nutshell, we don’t get out much!  All I can say is that Dan made up for lost YEARS of non-dancing at my niece’s wedding last Friday!  I am pretty positive he didn’t leave the dance floor for like 2 hours straight!  Thank God he runs 5 miles every couple of days so that he could have the stamina of a 16-year-old boy!  Every time I would glance out on the floor, I would see Dan doing some very innovative dance moves that I don’t think anyone has ever seen or witnessed.  He was regularly welcomed into the center of young studs to have his solo moment of fame in the dance circle!  He just couldn’t contain himself when Footloose came on and got up on the stage and ended up leaping down to the ground into a split or something.  All night long, I had people coming up to me telling me how Dan was the man with his outstanding dance moves!  

The best part of the night for me was dancing with Bubba (Dan is pretty much a solo act for hazardous reasons!  I could have definitely lost an eye if I had been near!)  Bubba apparently was taking notes on Dan’s moves and has mastered many of them.  My girls danced all night as well but I think they were a little more restricted in their dresses, not being able to shed most of their clothing like the boys!  I love that my kids participated, had fun and enjoyed themselves and I am not surprised because of the example of unabandonment that Dan has modeled for them.  Just so you know, I was getting down myself but couldn’t hold a candle (or have the energy) to keep up with Dan the dancing machine of the evening!!!  So, when’s the next wedding??

No comments:

Post a Comment