Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Years and May All Our Dreams Come True!

I am sitting here thinking about the end of one year and the start of another.  I am listening to Jesus Culture’s song Come Away and it so stirs my heart and brings tears to my eyes,

Come away with Me, 
Come away with Me
It's never too late, it's not too late
It's not too late for you
I have a plan for you
I have a plan for you
It's gonna be wild
It's gonna be great
It's gonna be full of Me
Open up your heart and let Me in”

I could listen to this song all day long. I think it may be my favorite song James McDonald plays at church!  It gives me hope! I am so thankful that God has a plan for my life.  I am so grateful it’s not too late for me! I thought I had a plan but my life has turned out so different than I thought!

Did I do all that I wanted to in 2011? No!  Did I impact as many lives as I wish I had? No!  Do I have regrets? Yes!  Do I wish I would have worried less? Yes!  Did I over-react too much? Yes!  Did I panic too much? Yes!  Do I wish I would have slept more? Yes!  Do I wish I could stop time and just enjoy my life more? Yes!  Do I wish I would have sat down, stopped my chores and talk with my kids more? Yes.  I truly want God’s very best in my life!  I want to do whatever it takes!  I don’t want to end 2012 the same person.  I want to listen more, trust more, hope more, believe more!  I want to worry less, slow down, and spend time with people I love that I never see.  I want God to talk to me more and I want to obey and trust His plan! 

I want to be a better example to my kids.  I want to stop yelling at bad drivers. I want to be more patient with idiot sales people and I want to stop saying idiot so Eddie won’t say it anymore.  I'm grateful that I started exercising last year.  I hate that it took some freako sickness to get my attention to make good health a priority   There are so many things I am believing for in the new year!  Most of all, I want the very best for the 5 Wogs and yes the dog too!  Happy New Year to all and may we all be blessed beyond measure!

No comments:

Post a Comment