Wednesday, November 23, 2011

A Thankful Heart

In my prayer time today, I felt like God was convicting me for not being thankful enough.  I feel like I am very thankful but as I started assessing my life, I saw areas where I have envy and jealousy. I quickly repented and started running through my enormous “What I am thankful for” list.  I realized that the cares of this life really do bog us down and burden us whether we see it or not.  It’s very hard when you see hateful people prosper or when people who live very selfish lives keep being blessed.  It’s especially hard when you live a life of sacrifice and serving and you are mistreated, exhausted and behind.  You see people with maids, manicures, new cars and bling and it’s so easy to let the green monster of envy slip up on you and not even realize it.

I was overwhelmed today with the fact that the marriage, children and family that I have is more precious than any material possession and there is nothing I would trade it for.  I feel like I need to start making Thanksgiving crafts like my kids do to always keep it before me!  (Well, I won’t go that far…)  My kid’s lists are always so funny.  Eddie was thankful for Eddie LOL!  Annie was thankful for the couch, TV and the U (I wonder who has influenced her.)  

Here is my short list:   I am thankful for a faithful husband, healthy kids, my mom, my crazy dog, house near church/school, my truck, my fenced in backyard, true friends who love me despite myself, my church, kid’s school and dedicated teachers, my extended family, my health (which was sketchy last year), and to live in America which is still the most blessed nation on earth!  I am most thankful that I have a relationship with a God who loves me, forgives me and gives me endless chances to fulfill His will for my life.   I pray that this Thanksgiving we will all open our eyes and truly appreciate how blessed we are. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Annie's Turkey Feather

No comments:

Post a Comment