Sunday, October 9, 2011

Courageous

Wow, not sure I have ever had such a night at the movies!  Nothing is easy when you have 5 kids but I really wanted to see the movie Courageous, while it was in the theater.  We asked some friends to meet us there and were looking forward to a nice night out watching an inspirational film. I see about one movie a year and it’s usually Toy Story or Cars kid type movie so I was really looking forward to a kid-free, adult night out!  We got all our peeps situated and were pulling in the theater when I got THE call from Bonnie.  Ed threw up in his bed! :/  I dropped Dan off and raced home to clean up the mess.  Bonnie being the bomb of a firstborn, had put Ed in the tub, bathed and had him all clean and in new jammies.  I changed his sheets, Lysoled everything, put Ed back to bed and zoomed out again, dad-gum it!  I wasn’t going to miss my adult night out. 

Ivan "preachin' it" at the theater!
I got back right when the movie came on and everything was going along fine.  My sweet friend brought me my favorite candy ever, Raisinets!!  Woo Hoo!  I was enjoying myself, shedding some tears and then blackness came at the climax of the movie!  They experienced a power surge and the movie cut off (or you can say the devil did it…He really didn’t’ want us seeing this movie apparently!)  We had a whole row of on-fire Christians sitting behind us and one sounded just like my friend Pastor John Wyatt, saying Ohhhh  Yeahhhh!  I asked him his name and he said it was Ivan and indeed he knows and works with John.  A familiar looking guy, George suggested that why we wait for the movie to start, that Ivan should share his testimony, so he pops up and starts talking about how God had saved him and changed his life. Then some guy a few rows back asks if he can pray for Ivan and proceeds to lead the whole theater in a salvation prayer.  It was like the Jesus twilight zone and I was loving every minute of it!  We had revival at Regal!!  Right after the Gospel was preached and we all prayed, the movie came back on and we finished it! It is a very moving, powerful movie about men committing themselves to be Godly fathers and leaders of their home.  I told Dan he is getting the Resolution framed for Christmas!
Friends avoiding being in the Blog!
Dan ran away saying he has been in enough Wog Blogs!

The guy George looked really familiar so I asked him some questions and finally realized I saw him on TV playing keyboard with Austin Adamec on the news.  He was the worship leader at my nephew’s church in Gainesville and plays with my other nephew William Smith on a regular basis!  It truly is a small world! These young people truly inspired me and I am confident that they will change the world for Christ!   I have to say it was the best Jesus night at the movies I have ever had!  To top it off, we all got free movie passes too!!  Hope our friends aren’t afraid to go out with us again!! :)  You gotta be courageous to hang with the Wogs!! 

3 comments:

  1. That indeed was one of my favorite nights at the movies!! :-) JESUS ROCKS!! And so do His peple! ;-)


    Running After Him,

    GZD

    ReplyDelete
  2. How amazing and awesome!!! God is so good :-) And evidently on the move even at Regal.America better watch out!!!

    Talie (Friend of GZD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey edi this is Ivan
    thanks for being so on fire yourself.
    best night at the movies so far...:)

    ReplyDelete