Wednesday, October 12, 2011

STAR-Studded Day

Today was our first STARS Basketball game.  I checked the weather and made the decision to go forward because the rain looked like it had finally moved on.  I had a great day with Annie, got a good report on her knees and joints at the doctor, picked up the team jersey’s and had a sweet lunch with my baby girl at Chick.  I picked up Ed and borrowed a generator and a digital scoreboard from a generous friend, to try and make it special for the kids.  I raced home, made a sports music playlist and headed to school to get everything else together.  My mom is out of town and I as I was driving by her house, I so wished I could drop Ed off.  I was wishing I had someone that could watch him while I figured out how to haul a bunch of stuff I had no clue how to use and that I can’t lift, out onto the court.  At that moment, I passed my sister’s truck.  The timing was nuts.  I called her and she was thrilled to have Edwardo.  I told her to get ready for a lot of chatting.  

I headed to the school and God provided help for me yet again help for me.  I ran smack into Warren who hauled the sound system to my car with help from Brianna.  I passed all the jerseys out to the boys in class and got two sweet high school boys to help unload everything at the park.  I had no clue how to set up all this stuff up and make it work and was just praying for God to help me again.  A school dad had just arrived and said he knew how to work everything.  I rushed back to school got the cooler for water and started checking off the boys for the game.  The Coaches and I took the boys to the park and my awesome parent had figured the whole thing out and we started pumping my sports mix music (which included a U2 techno mix…well just because!) It was unbelievable….rain encircled the park with dark, fluffy, scary looking clouds.  We all kept asking the Lord to blow the rain away and He answered our prayers.  The boys played hard and had fun and I was so very blessed at how God sovereignly provided for me.  So many people came to my aid and made the game possible.  I am so grateful to them and to God for making it a great day for a bunch of great kids.  It was a STAR-studded day filled with many blessings!  I am exhausted....but truly amazed at how my God always comes through for me!
Coach Sean and Edwardo

No comments:

Post a Comment