Wednesday, October 19, 2011

To Cancel or Not to Cancel

Yet another awesome Basketball Miracle.  I had a tough day.  I woke up to pouring down rain.  I had almost 40 little people excited about their Basketball game today after school and I hated the thought of canceling.  They all wore their uniforms to school both cheerleaders and basketball players so I started praying for God to calm the storm and bring out the sun. He answered my prayer and the sun came out and I was forced to walk the dog :)  Then around lunchtime, it storms up again and drizzled and drove me crazy.  I was at my friend’s church picking up the generator and scoreboard for the game getting soaked in the parking lot thinking, “What the heck am I doing?”  I was so tormented and wishy-washy.  I had a guest speaker and our STARS cheerleaders were cheering for the first time and I really wanted the sound system but what if it rains….I was going mad not knowing what I should do.  When you are in charge, you are the one that has to decide, right or wrong!  


On my way to the game.... :/
I almost went to email and cancel the game after lunch when dark, scary rain clouds hovered all around but then a ray of sunshine would burst through and stop me.  I couldn’t bring myself to cancel so I prayed for God to hold back the rain again and He did!  It was crazy!  By the time the game was over the sky was bright blue, and the sun was burning hot and bright!!
The best moment of the day was when Annie scored her first basket.  It was really cute.  I secretly think the boy’s let her shoot because none of them were blocking her.  She ran her little heart out and didn’t even get hurt! :)  A friend of mine picked up one of our players and brought them to the game.  He said the sweetest thing.  He said he had been praying all day that God wouldn’t let it rain and now he knows for sure that God answers prayers!!  Thank You Lord!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment