Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Jarboe Park

I have to say I am not a fan of Jarboe Park.  I grew up playing there as a kid.  I am shocked that my mom would let me ride there at Bonnie’s age and play with my friends.  I know it was a different time when the world was not so scary.  The reason I'm not a fan, is having 5 kids.  Who puts all that water around a park?  I spent half my childhood “falling” in.  When I attended BCS, we had daily “slips” in the water especially by that bridge area.  I have had YEARS of near panic attacks at that park with my own kids.  Bonnie would love to hang out in the butterfly garden.  Bubba just wanted to play ball on the court, Mags would be swinging her heart out and Annie would of course climb to the VERY top of that dome and scare the heck out of me.  I have avoided it for most of Eddie’s life, thank the Lord. 

I am pretty sure a person with no children designed Jarboe Park. What’s up with the REALLY deep ditches on the sides and no fences or gate to keep our little people in there, right near the main road. No doubt, it is very beautiful but had I designed it, it would NOT have those 6 foot drop offs to death on the climbing areas and I would have gates and fences everywhere! (Especially around the water) I know most normal people have one or two kids to watch but I am always stressed to the max taking all my little peeps there.

Today, Mags met a friend over there to play.  I thought it would be a typical day at the park, hawking after my kids so they wouldn’t get abducted, bitten by a duck or try to swim across to the Butterfly garden.  I was wrong.  I talked to some sweet people that I just met and don’t know very well at all.  They ended up encouraging me spiritually and I left feeling so blessed. It was as though God himself was giving me a pep talk. I know it must have been a gift from God. I guess I need to repent for my bad Jarboe Park attitude.  God can speak to you anywhere, if you have ears to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment